Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 23 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Head Customer Liaison & Strategy Job Summary: Market Development Services, part of the Commercial Services Practice (CSP) within Product Lifecycle Services (PLS), designs and delivers a full portfolio of creative and digital materials, for use across multiple channels by a broad range of internal customers (including Commercial, Medical and Operations teams) from all Novartis divisions and geographies Launched on 1 January 2016, this new organization unit will be based initially in Dublin ...
Head Customer Liaison & Strategy
Market Development Services, part of the Commercial Services Practice (CSP) within Product Lifecycle Services (PLS), designs and delivers a full portfolio of creative and digital materials, for use across multiple channels by a broad range of internal customers (including Commercial, Medical and Operations teams) from all Novartis divisions and geographies
Launched on 1 January 2016, this new organization unit will be based initially in Dublin with a small number of customer-facing positions in the US. Toward the end of 2016, sites in Mexico and Hyderabad will be added. It is targeted to deliver approximately $15M revenue in 2016 (of which approximately 40% will be incremental), rising to an expected $60M per year by year four of operations. Savings are targeted at 20%-30% of revenue
• Be accountable for the end-to-end project delivery process (brief-taking, design, development, and implementation) across all projects and deliverables to maintain PLS standards of excellence, timeliness, and profitability, while achieving the internal customers’ goals;
• Oversee and manage all customer liaison and project management operations to include staff supervision and resource allocation;
• Introduce, enshrine, and enforce best-in-class project management disciplines and methodologies.
• An important aspect of the role is to grow the business and create a sustainable delivery organization. This will exploit a number of opportunities to do things better while making savings within Novartis divisions. The appointed candidate will need to:
o Sell services into the Novartis organization;
o Manage service delivery within target costs and quality standards;
o Manage a selection of internal customer relationships;
o Develop internal operations capabilities that deliver economies of scale.
• The appointed candidate will need to be adept at managing through others and working within a matrix. They will have to collaborate closely with several key roles without line management responsibility:
o Product Lifecycle Services Account Teams, including Business Service Excellence Leads, who have primary ownership over relationships with internal customers and are responsible for selling;
o Head Creative Services, who has accountability for creative services operations;
o Head Content Management Services, who has accountability for content management services operations;
o Global Program Lead for Market Development, who has accountability to drive the strategy, benchmarking and service development processes for the organization;
o Quality Lead, who has accountability for monitoring performance and driving continuous improvements;
o Other PLS service groups, including Training Design and Development and Medical Communications, which will be dependent on the Market Development organization to deliver their objectives.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
#LI-P Minimum requirements Requirements
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken.
• The successful candidate will have previous experience in building, leading and managing a fast growing service oriented team within a leading Pharma or FMCG company or solution provider/agency.
• Commercial experience managing services or driving key initiatives within global functions.
• Several years of leading and managing service resource/people management/planning across multifunctional teams and complex matrix environments.
• Outsourcing operational experience.
• P&L ownership experience.
• Familiarity with process management, quality KPIs and operational issues / management
• Proven resource management and leadership capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent cross-functional skills. Ability to work and lead a cross-functional team in a matrix environment. Strong process/project management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively alongside having a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of organization.
•Knowledge of the disease areas within the Business Franchise advantageous, with strong leadership and communication skills and an ability to translate analytic skill into commercial strategy.
• Role Location: Dublin, East Hanover or Basel
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.