Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 10 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Scientific Events Manager Job Summary: Novartis is currently recruiting for an Scientific Events Manager to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland. Job purpose • Leads the development, execution and management of assigned scientific events (eg. ...
Scientific Events Manager
Novartis is currently recruiting for an Scientific Events Manager to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland.
• Leads the development, execution and management of assigned scientific events (eg. advisory boards, scientific symposia) in relation to the Information, Communications and Events (ICE) Plan for brands,
• Leads an assigned project team working on the delivery and content for scientific events, in line with the internal customer specifications.
• Provides support in the development of ICE plans.
1. Scientific Event Delivery:
• Responsible for leading the end-to-end delivery of the designated Scientific Event from briefing through to completion, including:
o Faculty management – including external customer identification, liaison and support to the internal customer with the required approvals.
o Pre activity management – including the development of the required content and pre-reads.
o Onsite activity management - including scientific inputs, logistics support, plus facilitation (as required)
o Post activity management – including producing any final reports and supporting the internal customer with required approvals.
• Leads a deliverable-assigned project team expected to consist of an Expert Scientific Writer (scientific content), Scientific Events Coordinator (Project support).
• Manages external providers for part or all of the deliverables.
• Responsibility to manage the assigned Scientific Event in line with the agreed budget
• Responsible for internal and external customer liaison.
• Responsible for facilitation activities (as required) in relation of planned activities with the internal and external customer.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance related activities are followed and that approvals are in place (with internal customer taking accountability for compliance).
• Oversees logistics (Including travel, room management and audio visual) and other agreed activities.
2. Information, Communications and Events (ICE) plan development support:
• Provides support in the development and review of a Information, Communications and Events plan for a designated product, with specific emphasis on the Scientific Event Activities (e.g. Advisory Board)
• Ensure tracking and evaluation of standard metrics for process success measurement.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’ Minimum requirements Requirements
•University degree level / Graduate degree, ideally in science. Additional further education desirable
• Experience of working with Medical Communications for either an agency or from within the pharmaceutical industry
• Extensive track record in leading the delivery of Scientific Events (advisory boards, satellite symposia)
• High level of experience in digital solutions and innovation
• Significant openness to piloting new ideas
• Experience in cross cultural work environment
• Fluent English (oral and written), plus one other language would be desirable
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.