Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 07 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Health Economic Modelling Specialist Job Summary: Novartis is currently recruiting for a Health Economic Modelling Specialist to join our growing Health Economic Modelling team in the Novartis Global Services Centre in Dublin, Ireland. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and successful global team in Novartis, with ambitions to expand service offerings and increase influence on market access strategy. ...
Health Economic Modelling Specialist
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Health Economic Modelling Specialist to join our growing Health Economic Modelling team in the Novartis Global Services Centre in Dublin, Ireland. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and successful global team in Novartis, with ambitions to expand service offerings and increase influence on market access strategy. There is high potential for progression for innovative and technical individuals with effective communication skills.
To design and build health economic models in order to effectively demonstrate the value of Novartis brands across the world in alignment with Global and Regional HEOR strategies.
• Drive hands-on economic assessments for products at all stages of development, using cost effectiveness, cost utility, cost minimization, budget impact and other analyses, as appropriate. Deliverables will include: the modelling strategy, model structure, programmed model, technical report, user guide and presentation files
• Work closely with HE&OR Program Directors, HE&OR Franchise Heads and Clinical Development Units as required, to provide HE Modelling and Evidence Synthesis solutions (e.g. Markov state-transition, patient-level simulation, Network Meta-Analysis) that support submissions to Health Technology Assessment agencies (e.g. NICE) or support internal assessment
• Take ownership of deliverables and drive customer interaction and communication
• Collaborate with functional heads and team leads in driving the quality of deliverables, constantly striving to improve systems, processes and quality metrics that add value to the existing solutions and offerings
• Drive the use of innovative methods in the development of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
• Oversee country roll out and training of global HE models (support country response to payer inquiries including subgroup/scenario analyses)
• Develop and manage strong collaborations with HE modelling key opinion leaders, academic researchers and vendors to ensure latest and most innovative modeling methods used at Novartis
• Lead and implement innovative modeling approaches across Novartis divisions using state of the art methodologies
• Drive impactful, pragmatic communication of model results, customized to audience needs
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme Minimum requirements Requirements
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
• Graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) in a relevant discipline, e.g. Health Economics, Economics, Statistics, Epidemiology, other pharmacy/IT/quantitative programmes
• Education in or exposure to concepts of Health Economics
• Experience in building and evaluating economic/decision models
• Demonstrated skills in relevant modelling software, e.g. Excel, Visual Basic, R, winBUGS
• Highly quantitative, with ability to convert hard/raw data into meaningful analysis
• Organizational, planning and project management skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to operate effectively in an international environment
• Fluent English
• Experience/interest in technical and theoretical developments relevant for the Health Technology Assessment field, e.g. Bayesian methods, conditional reimbursement decision-making
• Experience in a Health Economics consultancy company or academic group
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.