Closing Date: 10 Nov 16
Salary (£): Competitive
COVANCE GERMANY is looking to hire a Clinical Operations Manager/ COM Ideally, this role is 100 % office based in Munich, but we can offer partial home-based flexibility. Contact me or apply today at http://careers.covance.com/job-postings/63075BR/clinical-operations-manager-com
Clinical Operations Manager, Munich.
Covance is one of the most stable, fastest growing global Contract Research Organization
Our mission - bringing medical miracles to market sooner - impacts the lives of millions of people all over the world. We play an important role in bringing new therapies to market by helping to turn raw compounds into safe, effective, and approved drugs that help people live longer, more productive lives.
We are one of the world’s most comprehensive and experienced CROs and laboratory services provider, with a tradition of innovation in the science and processes of drug development. We have the ability to offer a wealth of services covering all aspects of drug development, ranging from non-clinical research services through to post-marketing safety and commercialization services. We are currently the only CRO with this depth of service offerings.
Our German team is one of the fastest growing in Europe, and due to our expansion we are looking for a new Clinical Operations Manager.
The hired person will be Line Manager to a group of Clinical Operations employees, including Assistants, CRAs and Start Up team members.
The ideal profile is someone who has an extensive monitoring background in a pharmaceutical Company or International CRO, and also experience as CRA Manager or Project Manager (ideal career path: someone who has gone through all the CRA steps, up to PM or LM)
Ideally, the position is full time, but we can consider 0.8 FTE.
Ideally, this role is 100 % office based in Munich, but we can offer partial home-based flexibility.
About the Job
• Responsible for the supervision of assigned direct reports
• Responsible for detailed performance review and management of assigned direct reports including: Annual Performance Management and Development (PMD), Individual Development Plan (IDP), Line of Sight Goals and “Shoves & Tugs”
• Responsible for appropriate management and resolution of performance issues
• Measure performance indicators for assigned staff within Clinical Operations
• Identify individual training needs and assist in the conduct of training and development efforts, regionally
• Conduct on-site Accompanied Field Visit activities (Evaluation and Quality Control Visits) for Clinical Operations staff
• Effectively communicate management strategies, policies and procedures in conjunction with leadership teams
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with management team to manage Clinical Operations staff in a matrix environment
• Maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients to ensure opportunity for acquiring additional new business
• University/college degree – life sciences preferred or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology)
•Relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company or CRO
o Individual is proficient with on site monitoring activities (including pre-study, initiation, routine monitoring and closeout visits)
o Minimum of seven (7) years relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO
o Thorough knowledge of drug development process
o Thorough knowledge of relevant SOPs, ICH, and GCP guidelines
• Relevant supervisory experience
o Minimum of 2 year as a Line Manager or Project Manager required
o Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions
o Proven interpersonal skills
o Demonstrated ability to successfully participate as a member of a project team
o Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities
o Excellent planning and organizational skills
o Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.