Reference: PB - ESD11/10
Closing Date: 11 Nov 16
Salary (£): 60,000 - 80,000
Benefits: full and comprehensive benefits package
This award-winning medical communications agency based in Reading is looking for an experienced Senior Medical Writer, Principal Medical Writer or Editorial Team Lead to join their team.
A specialist medical communications agency working with some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, helping them to connect with a global audience of healthcare professionals and increasingly knowledgeable patients. They have seen continued growth over the past decade and has recently secured new business wins on both a global and national level. This success has culminated in them being recognised with a very prestigious award in 2016 – the UK’s highest accolade for outstanding achievement in business.
· Manage a team of medical writers and editors
· Manage the delivery of a wide range of projects for a range of different audiences
· Maintain a strong working knowledge/oversight of all live projects under your remit (typically over 50)
· Be proactive in forward planning to ensure all projects are adequately resourced, and that freelance support is available when required
· Develop a strong specialist knowledge of specific disease areas, as well as a strong understanding of the clinical trial data associated with specific products
· Review the work of all team members, as well as writers from other teams (as required), to ensure a very high standard and quality of work is achieved on every project
· Be actively involved in the recruitment of writers/editors, including liaising with recruitment consultants, reviewing writing tests, and making a valuable contribution to interviews
· Lead on the development of new processes or SOPs to ensure the smooth running of the Editorial Department and/or your team
· Hold regular appraisals and feedback meetings, and regularly assess PDPs, to ensure the ongoing development of your team
· Be actively involved in Editorial team training
· Provide strategic direction to team members and colleagues
· Be actively involved in business development, including attendance and presentation at pitch meetings
· Be actively involved in or lead other company activities, including those related to marketing and business planning
· Be a role model for more junior team members, demonstrate the company values in all activities, and act as an ambassador for the company.
· A strong academic and/or scientific background
· At least 3 years’ experience as a senior medical writer/editorial team leader in an agency environment
· Management experience
Please contact Paul Banks on 02030 195 993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more about this opportunity. This will be 100% confidential!
Meet are good people who are great at recruitment. We’re proud to partner with the industry’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Media Device, Marketing Communications and Contract Research Organisations (CROs) worldwide, helping them to find and secure the best global talent available. We pride ourselves on our open, friendly approach and are here to guide you through the recruitment process every step of the way.
Find out more about us at www.peoplewithchemistry.com
High Science, Medical Education, Global, award-winning, UK, United Kingdom, London, Reading, Berkshire.
Euston Tower Levels 32-34 286 Euston Road London
|Tel:||+44 203 178 7488|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.