Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 27 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Customer Operations Team Leader (12 month fixed term contract), Alcon, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. ...
Customer Operations Team Leader (12 month fixed term contract), Alcon, UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
***Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract role with a distinct possibility for extension***
To build, develop and retain an exceptional customer care team through a programme of careful selection, comprehensive training, development initiatives and inspirational management. To manage a team of customer care representatives delivering industry leading professional customer service to hospitals, wholesalers, opticians and other eye care practitioners who have an influence on the purchase of ALCON products (primarily Business to Business but not exclusive)
To work with other team leaders to provide leadership, motivation and direction across all three Customer Care Business Units (Pharma, Surgical and Vision Care) to ensure a holistic order to cash service - where necessary working in partnership with other functions and 3rd parties to provide consistent continuity of service (including supply chain, international trading company, sales & marketing etc).
Over time you will be expected to have successfully led teams supporting each business unit.
• Ensuring the customer care team engages with and delivers against the ALCON mission to provide innovative services that enhance quality of life by helping people to see better
• To provide an Industry leading Customer Care Experience, delivered through your team to all customers, consumers and various other stakeholders – as measured by the various performance metrics such as “Voice of the Customer Surveys”, “Number of complaints” and “Sales history”
• To supervise the workload of the team, allocating team members to optimise service provision and administrative support across the hours of the Customer Care operation
• To provide high levels of communication to ensure our associates are informed and involved in companywide initiatives and through change management programmes
• To ensure cross functional team work to encourage the identification of customer issues in order to resolve them to the complete satisfaction of the customer at the point of contact. Where ALCON have over promised and under delivered then individuals should be rewarded for owning the issue through to resolution and offer gestures of good will with apologies where appropriate
• To monitor the changing needs of the service, liaising with internal and external customers to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations for service improvement and implementing those improvements to the satisfaction of customers
• To ensure the team follows established procedures for each service request, including logging, processing and progressing chasing enquiries, adhering to agreed KPI’s, SLA’s and quality standards (inc SOP’s)
• To ensure statistical information is produced, collated and analysed on a periodic basis to assist in evaluating the efficiency of the team and to inform resource allocation and service improvements
• Provide effective pre and post sales services such as up-selling, returns (inc pre authorization), complaint handling that generate enhanced sales or prevent customers from switching suppliers – including audit trail of accurate documentation
• To support the Head of Customer Care in the development and implementation of technology and systems to ensure the most effective use of new technology and opportunities including the support of OTC system enhancements that improve services, reduce costs or increase sales
• Manage positive relationships with warehouses, wholesalers, distributors or direct customers
• Working with the Accounts Receivable
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• GNVQ/NVQ level 3/A level qualification (or equivalent) or detailed contact centre knowledge with a number of years’ experience in a service orientated environment
• Ideally significant supervisory experience within a customer service environment
• Can demonstrate sound business decision making, based on fairness and consistency
• Experience of PC tools like Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
• Commitment to H&S; equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices in employment and service provision
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.