Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 28 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Glaucoma Sales and Marketing Manager, Alcon, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness? We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Glaucoma Sales and Marketing Manager, Alcon, UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness?
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Glaucoma Sales and Marketing Manager is accountable for setting the UK/Ireland sales and marketing strategy for the Alcon Glaucoma product portfolio. A key member of the Surgical Leadership Team, this role will also be responsible for leading and inspiring a team of Glaucoma Surgical Sales Representatives, to ensure full execution of agreed business plans and achievement of sales, growth and financial targets.
• Develop and implement the sales and marketing strategy for the surgical glaucoma product portfolio, achieving agreed brand financial targets, and driving requirements for high quality offerings that deliver exceptional customer value.
• Lead the development of the annual marketing investment plans, outlining key activities and programs that address agreed strategic imperatives for the glaucoma product portfolio.
• Formulate and recommend to the Business Unit Head, proposals, policies, plans and procedures that will secure maximum patient access to- and growth and sales of- Alcon Surgical Glaucoma products.
• Take an active role in the annual strategic planning process, defining strategic imperatives for the glaucoma portfolio/brands, thus achieving agreed growth, sales and financial targets.
• Execute the marketing plan within agreed timelines and budgets.
• Compile and prepare sales statistics and market information, analyse the information and submit recommendations to the Business Unit Head for assessment and decision making.
• Collaborate with medical affairs, market access, regulatory, finance, human resources and other Business Units so that all key stakeholders understand and are able to deliver the Glaucoma sales and marketing plan.
• Develop and champion the measurement and achievement of all Glaucoma Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to ensure alignment of activities and to promote high performance.
• Act as a key member of the Surgical Leadership Team, supporting peers and acting in a way that ensures achievement of team goals and objectives.
• Lead a team of Glaucoma Surgical Sales Representatives, inspiring high performance through effective leadership, management and coaching skills.
• Continually appraise the effectiveness of team performance, diagnose training needs and coach for growth.
• Provide or facilitate sales personnel with training in Alcon products and in-field sales coaching to drive high performance.
• Represent the UK/Ireland and partner with EMEA, to shape and influence centrally developed Glaucoma strategies and promotional materials to meet UK/Ireland market needs.
• Identify and leverage customer and consumer insights to drive differentiation and growth for the Alcon Glaucoma product portfolio.
• Evaluate external research, market conditions, competitor data and implement sales and marketing plan changes as needed.
• Ensure the Business Unit Head is fully informed on the conditions of business and market through a regular highlight report.
• Ensure compliance with industry code of practices (e.g. ABPI / ABHI).
Any other duties or projects as requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/or training.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements • University degree qualification or equivalent in Life Sciences or Business – desired.
• Marketing Qualification – desired.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Any other European language - desired
• Proven commercial leadership experience in a complex, matrixed environment – mandatory.
• Experience in management of key accounts and ability to identify and grow new business – mandatory.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage sales team members to achieve role objectives, inclusive of objective setting and monitoring of performance – mandatory.
• Extensive Sales and Product Management and/or Marketing experience, preferably within the Medical Device Sector – desired.
• Knowledge and experience of the Ophthalmology environment and NHS environment – desired.
• Evidence of successfully leading teams and achieving results in a changing environment.
• Ability to demonstrate use of persuasion/influencing tactics to achieve business objectives through marketing campaigns.
• Deep understanding of the UK Healthcare Market, both public and private sectors.
• Proven project management skills which demonstrate flexibility/an ability to adjust to changing customer’s needs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.