Company: Respiratory Effectiveness Group
Location: Cambridge or Home Based
Closing Date: 12 Nov 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
We are currently seeking a Scientific Services Director who will play a key role working with world leaders in their field in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In collaboration with the Chief Executive and REG team, the Scientific Services Director will be responsible for the timely and high-quality delivery of the organisation’s research and publications portfolio.
The Respiratory Effectiveness Group (REG; www.effectivenessevaluation.org) is a not-for-profit organisation established by international experts in real-life and comparative effectiveness research in respiratory medicine.
Founded in 2012, the Group sets quality standards in real-life research and advocates the importance of integrating real-world data to strengthen the evidence base, ultimately leading to improved patient care. Since its inception the Group has grown rapidly and has an active research portfolio that will benefit all stakeholders – patients, clinicians, policy makers, guideline decision makers and drug manufacturers alike.
We are currently seeking a Scientific Services Director who will play a key role working with world leaders in their field in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In collaboration with the Chief Executive and REG team, the Scientific Services Director will be responsible for the timely and high-quality delivery of the organisation’s research and publications portfolio.
Qualifications and experience
- Medically or scientifically qualified, to graduate level
- Proven track record of project management from conception through to delivery
- Experience working with or within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in research project planning and management
- Experience in Publishing and/or Editorial Project Management
- Experience working with global key opinion leaders and multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- Experience managing external contractors and agencies
- Experience in medical writing
- Experience in a senior management role
- Commercial experience in life sciences or medically related field
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of observational research studies within the pharmaceutical or public health setting
Essential skills and attributes
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Problem solver
• Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a successful team
• Ability to work successfully as part of a remote, global team
• Adaptable, with ability to respond to different situations as they arise
• Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (mandatory); InDesign, DTP and website development (advantageous)
The candidate will be expected to work on a full-time basis, 5 days per week, maximum of 8 hours per day, although there will be the occasional requirement to work in excess of these hours in the lead up and during international events/congress meetings.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience but will be expected to be in the range of £40,000–£45,000.
Please submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and believed suitability for the role.
The closing date for this application is 31 October 2016.
Applicants may also locate this position vacancy on the REG website at http://www.effectivenessevaluation.org
5 Coles Lane
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.