Closing Date: 12 Nov 16
Salary (£): Competitive
COVANCE CZECH REPUBLIC – is hiring a Study Start up Specialist I/ II This is a FTE office based position but we are open for part-timer (0.7 FTE/ 5 days a week calculated accordingly). Interested? Apply at http://careers.covance.com/job-postings/64583BR/gss-spec-i
Covance is one of the world's most dynamic drug development services companies, providing integrated, tailored solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industries. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
At the moment we are looking for:
Specialist I/ Specialist II Global Site Services in Prague
This is a FTE office based position but we are open for part-timer (0.7 FTE/ 5 days a week calculated accordingly).
As GSS Specialist/ Study Start up Specialist you will be responsible for developing project specific plans for the GSS component of assigned studies (overall start up - collection of essential documents, keeping databases up to date, communication with clinical trial sites, contracts negotiations, regulatory green-light documents management, eTMF, team working).
• Liaise with operational project team regarding project issues (i.e., participate in team meetings)
• Collect, review, approve process and track regulatory & investigator documents required for study site activation in accordance with Covance SOPs, sponsor SOPs, GCP ICH guidelines and thenInvestigator Package Plan
• Review and approve core English patient informed consents for compliance to international requirements and protocol as applicable
• Review and approve core Country patient informed consents for compliance to country requirements and protocol as applicable
• Review and approve investigative site specific patient informed consents for required elements
• Resolve informed consent and contractual language issues by exercising advanced judgment when interacting with study sites
• Negotiate contracts and budgets with investigative sites within parameters provided by Sponsor
• Liaise with Sponsor and Covance regulatory regarding document submission requirements
• Maintain and update document tracking, site Information module
• Assess impact of changes in study personnel and document amendments on regulatory documents (including Informed Consent) and process/ review/ approve new documents according to GCP/ICH guidelines
• Assess impact of study amendments on Informed Consent and other study documents and revise and review/approve accordingly
• Prepare new investigator submission packages to Local and/to Central IRB /IEC
• Attend ongoing training in GCP, project specific requirements and as may generally be required
• Provide milestone information for incorporation into weekly analysis sheets
• Monitor performance of GSS team with regard to project timelines
• Perform administrative tasks required during study start up activities (e.g., word processing, assembly of study documents, mass mailings,filing, faxing/photocopying)
• Manage set up and maintenance of investigative site files
• Understand and follow project specific and GSS policies and procedures
• Manage the drug supply vendor activities as applicable
• Develop, review and approve drug supply labels as applicable
• Independently research and evaluate proposal request from clients in all therapeutic areas within agreed timeframes
• Assume responsibility for the preparation and dissemination of documents according to the feasibility processes in place
• Create surveys to probe “thought leaders” and experienced researchers and clinicians in the field for expert feedback
• Assist with preparation of materials for formal client/industry presentations and for internal training assignments
• Apply basic understanding of data spreadsheets and tables
• Assist with entering data into spreadsheets when required
• Review and audit data tables and spreadsheets for feasibility assessments
• Conduct follow-up calls/telephone interviews with Investigators/Study Coordinators to solicit in-depth information related to feasibility, and obtain
further detailed information regarding potential proposals,
• Prepare internal feasibility reports by summarizing information obtained during previous feasibility assessments, historical Covance study experience, and Investigator self-reported data
• Establish, conduct and maintain relevant QC processes in regards Feasibility Assessments
• Conduct QC of feasibility documents as required by the process
• Undertake literature and internet searches as required
• Act as point person for global feasibility studies as assigned: maintain open communication with global colleagues, provide feasibility study Investigator packet, collect data from appropriate regions and generate the formal report
University/College degree (life science preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriate accredited institution (e.g.,
nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology) AND
at least 1 year work experience in clinical research, including start up experience and a strong working knowledge of the ICH guidelines and FDA, IRB/IEC regulations
Working knowledge of ICH, FDA, IRB/IEC and other applicable regulations/ guidelines; familiarity with investigator start-up documents; previous
interaction with operational project teams and investigative sites
• Strong networking abilities and an ability/willingness to work with internal and
external stakeholders across the globe
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication / writing skills
• Strong computer skills with an ability to access and leverage technology alternatives
• Abilities to review/analyze relevant data so as to assist in building evidence-based clinical trial strategies
• Self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Works well independently as well as in a team environment
Detail and process oriented
• Positive attitude and approach
• Multi-tasking capability
• Ability to work independently
In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop your career with an international organization; to pursue further training and to take advantage of our flexible conditions and attractive remuneration package.
THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO JOIN US!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.