Director Business Development, EMEA
Company: inVentiv Health Clinical
Closing Date: 21 Jan 17
Salary (£): Competitive
inVentiv Health Clinical is looking for a Director of Business Development to join our international BD Team. If you have minimum eight years of prior clinical research BD experience and you are looking for new challenge - let's discuss.
Preferred locations are France, Benelux, Nordics, Spain, UK and Germany.
Job title: Director Business Development
Location: home- or office-based across EMEA (ideally France, Spain, Benelux, Nordics or Eastern Europe)
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Industry: Clinical research
- Generate annual sales per target objective in support of corporate budget
- Develop and maintain assigned client relationships using the highest professional standards
- Recruit new corporate clients to generate new business opportunities
- Develop and conduct client presentations to attract new business and support overall corporate positioning
- Organize and lead internal operations teams to develop and finalize client proposals
- Research and develop sales and marketing plans, including overall strategic and tactical directives, for assigned client companies
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for client projects
- Coordinate and integrate sales efforts with internal operations in all disciplines
- Support marketing activities to include sales tool development, contact management, and supporting trade/scientific shows and mailings
- Work with Marketing to support research and development of corporate positioning, internally and externally.
- Mentor, train, manage and develop Business Development staff
- Strong clinical research background - eight of demonstrated business success in sales/marketing management in pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO business development or five years of such experience plus and advanced scientific degree (MD).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in science or business; MBA or other graduate degree is preferred; in lieu of degree, eleven years (total) of relevant experience may be considered.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to influence, convince and persuade.
- Strong customer service orientation and proactive organizational skills
- Good computer skills with excellent knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Ability to facilitate and lead team activities related to new business opportunities.
- Ability to travel as required (approximately 50%).