Associate Director Business Development, EMEA
Company: inVentiv Health Clinical
Closing Date: 14 Nov 16
Salary (£): Competitive
Join inVentiv Health Clinical as Associate Director of Business Development and help us explore our potential across EMEA!
inVentiv Health Clinical is a leading provider of global drug development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, generic drug, and medical device companies. With 6,500 passionate employees supporting clients in more than 70 countries, inVentiv Health Clinical works to accelerate high quality drug development programs of all sizes around the world.
Job title: Associate Director Business Development
Location: home- or office-based across EMEA (ideally UK, France, Spain, Benelux or Nordics)
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Industry: Clinical research
- Generate annual sales per target objective in support of corporate budget
- Develop and maintain assigned client relationships using the highest professional standards
- Recruit new corporate clients to generate new business opportunities
- Develop and conduct client presentations to attract new business and support overall corporate positioning
- Organize and lead internal operations teams to develop and finalize client proposals
- Research and develop sales and marketing plans, including overall strategic and tactical directives, for assigned client companies
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for client projects
- Coordinate and integrate sales efforts with internal operations in all disciplines
- Support marketing activities to include sales tool development, contact management, and supporting trade/scientific shows and mailings
- Work with Marketing to support research and development of corporate positioning, internally and externally.
- Mentor, train, manage and develop Business Development staff
- Strong clinical research background - five of demonstrated business success in sales/marketing management in pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO business development or three years of such experience plus and advanced scientific degree (MD).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in science or business; MBA or other graduate degree is preferred; in lieu of degree, eleven years (total) of relevant experience may be considered.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to influence, convince and persuade.
- Strong customer service orientation and proactive organizational skills
- Good computer skills with excellent knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Ability to facilitate and lead team activities related to new business opportunities.
- Ability to travel as required (approximately 50%).