Global Director of Market Access - Oncology
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 28 Oct 16
Salary (£): Competitive
Here is an opportunity to join a globally-renowned biopharma who, with an excellent pipeline, are now seeking a Global Director for their Oncology franchise.In this role, the successful candidate will drive overall strategy for regional/local oncology on all aspects of market access and pricing. It is an excellent chance to "shape" a position, and to have a profound impact on patients' lives. ...
Here is an opportunity to join a globally-renowned biopharma who, with an excellent pipeline, are now seeking a Global Director for their Oncology franchise.
In this role, the successful candidate will drive overall strategy for regional/local oncology on all aspects of market access and pricing. It is an excellent chance to "shape" a position, and to have a profound impact on patients' lives.
Aligned to the Executive Director of Global Market Access, you will also explore / execute new and innovative mechanisms of patient access - this is designed to create beneficial situations for patients, payers and the company (while improving access to stakeholders and their support of environment-shaping policies)
With 10+ Oncology compounds across all phases of development, you will be responsible for securing the successful reimbursement of oncological products (all products, all indications, all markets) by supporting country affiliates in adaptation of global materials (GVD, HE models) and preparing local submission and assisting in pricing negotiation.
(Please note: International travel will be required as part of this role, roughly 25%)
Market Access Strategies:
- Establish and ensure the development of integrated market access and payer strategies aimed to deliver optimal clinical, real world and economic evidence
- Work closely with affiliates to implement strategies and support their needs for access and reimbursement.
- Develop local pricing strategies for the oncology portfolio products based on the global pricing policy
- Work closely with regional commercial and medical affairs teams
- In collaboration with Senior Director of Market Access (Oncology), establish a strong understanding of the clinical profile of products across the oncology portfolio (and the disease settings that these are positioned within) as to ensure optimisation of Global Pricing & Reimbursement strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Local Market Access affiliates, regional stakeholders to secure optimal reimbursement and price in a timely manner
- Set up frequent and open communications channels among affiliates market access representatives and with global functions
- Develop regional and country-specific value communication and regional market access brand plans (including value messages) and support adaptation of value story
- Development of ad-hoc support documents, tools and other materials essential for unlocking national, regional, local market access
- Develop in-depth understanding of payer regulations across markets and needs of all types of payers (e.g. HTA agencies, institutions and patients).
- Work closely with Sr. Director colleagues as to integrate the local market access and payer perspective into the global development, medical affairs and commercial strategies for pipeline assets
- Evaluate threats and opportunities in key markets rising out of legislation and regulation from government and/or private payers that will restrict access and proactively develop strategies and plans to address the evolving reimbursement environment.
- Map external payer environment and communicate to internal stakeholders and senior management relevant information regarding the current and future reimbursement landscape of key markets.
- Engage with external stakeholders, international and national institutions to develop partnerships and shape health policies aiming at widening patient access to innovative oncology products, increasing efficiency of healthcare systems and establishing a mutually sustainable healthcare environment for payers, providers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Duties will also cover governmental/ public affairs with Market Access related institutions
Education and Experience:
- A strong Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (advanced science degree preferred).
- Preferable to possess a Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Heath Economics or Health Policy
- Candidates must possess significant experience (7+ years) in healthcare reimbursement and health policy
- Demonstrable success in market access across multiple markets.
- Highly preferable to possess Oncology and Global/Regional Pharmaceuticals experience.
- Understanding and experience of the international political and policy context for market access.
- Broad knowledge of government and private payer reimbursement environments, HTA experience required
- Strategic understanding of the business and strategic thinking
- Experience working with KOLs, as well as government, institutions and private payers
- Ability to analyse information and assess risk potential.
- Understanding of evidence based medicine and study design.
- Ability to assess impact of reimbursement policies in Oncology.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Theo Rowley on 0207 4400 679 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com. A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.