Company: Teva UK Limited
Closing Date: 31 Oct 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
Teva UK are looking to recruit a Medical Scientific Liaison Officer (MSLO) to work in a national role. This is an excellent opportunity to work as a field based MSLO and be a key part of Teva's Medical department. The core function of the MSLO is to provide a non-promotional scientific and clinical service to healthcare professionals, all the while maintaining a high level of medical, scientific and technical knowledge/expertise in relation to the therapy area.
A global powerhouse in generic pharmaceuticals, Teva touches the lives of millions of patients every day and billions of patients every year. With one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry, Teva has an unmatched impact on healthcare worldwide.
We help patients in a way that few other companies can. Our generic medicines meet critical consumer and societal needs through:
* The most extensive product portfolio in the industry. Some 2.7 million prescriptions are filled daily with Teva’s products in the EU and 1.5 million in the U.S.
* A remarkable track record of new market development
* Powerful research and development expertise
* A deep pipeline of high-value branded generics
* Efficient, high-quality manufacturing on a global scale
We bring effective medicines to the world through the quality of our people, the quality of our products and our commitment to the patient.
Skills & Experience
* Medical / Biological Science Degree.
* Pharmacy or higher degree qualification (g. PhD) in a relevant scientific/medical area preferred, but not essential
* Demonstrated evidence of a successful career in a medical liaison / non-promotional field based role, based within the pharmaceutical industry (any therapy area, although Oncology, Women’s Health or Pain would be advantageous)
* Knowledge of MHRA and ABPI requirements
* Able to integrate and work in cross functional networks
* Excellent oral and written communication & interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated project management ability
* Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, including the ABPI Code of Practice, MHRA regulations, and Teva internal processes
* Build and maintain scientifically current disease area, product and therapy knowledge
* Provide scientific and technical support for, and maintain, credible, professional relations with clinicians, local decision-makers, external experts and academic centres
* Support the NHS formulary process through provision of the appropriate scientific data
* Identify and address medical educational activities relating to disease area needs
* Work collaboratively with both Medical Information, Marketing and other internal stakeholders
* Provide therapy area and product specific training to field-based and office based non-scientific personnel
* Liaise with clinical investigators, and work with internal approval processes and stakeholders to support the approval of investigative studies
The successful candidate will be expected to occasionally travel internationally in line with business needs.
Teva UK Limited Ridings Point Whistler Drive Castleford
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1977 628500|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.