Data Analytics/Sr Data Analytics Specialist, Statistical Programming and Analysis
Closing Date: 03 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
The senior Analyst in SPA is responsible for leading and executing the analytical solutions for supporting multiple drug development programs within TA or/and across TA projects to ensure the sufficient timely data exploration and insight generation to support decision making and pipeline development. ...
The senior Analyst in SPA is responsible for leading and executing the analytical solutions for supporting multiple drug development programs within TA or/and across TA projects to ensure the sufficient timely data exploration and insight generation to support decision making and pipeline development. The Analyst helps to define the questions, propose analytical solutions, deliver and communicate the quantitative evidence through innovative and exploratory fashion by close collaboration with peers, internal and external partners and stakeholders (e.g. Biostatisticians, PCOR Scientist, Safety Scientist, Clinical Scientist, Biomarker Scientist, etc.) He/she ensures objectives, deadlines, and other requirements set for the project are achieved and maintains comprehensive knowledge of analysis methodologies, industry trends and tools.
- Lead, design, develop, execute and deliver the optimal high quality analytical solutions for clinical trial data exploration to support successful strategic decision making for clinical development pipeline and better understanding of disease.
- Proactively maintain comprehensive knowledge of clinical data, biomarker data, analysis relevant operational data and quickly master the content, structure, meaning and usage of any other data source on the job as needed.
- Proactively Research and investigate different analytical methodologies with proper consultation with Biostatistician. Implement the defined analytical methodology. Propose and influence the selection of the analytical methodology as needed.
- Proactively Learn and implement the proper technology into the analytical solution in timely manner.
- In close collaboration of molecule project teams and any other relevant technical groups who maintain and prepare the data for analysis, deliver the concise interpretation and communication about insights of the analytical implementation with peers, partners and stakeholders.
- Understand and meet partners’ analytical needs and offer solutions. Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships and effective partnerships with project teams as well as other communities, working groups, initiatives and external stakeholders.
- Be able to discuss with customers outside of Biometrics using their language and be a credible partner with them leveraging the TA knowledge. Describe the pros and cons of potential solutions in a non-technical fashion understandable for the customers.
- Responsible for managing and deliver multiple parallel activities within TA and across TA projects. Coordinate and plan resource allocation with peers and Analytics managers on the assigned projects.
- Proactively keep up to date with industry trends and ensure analytical methodologies and related technology are current.
- Proactively raise ideas, rapidly develop fit to purpose prototypes, identify opportunities or gaps and promote knowledge sharings to enhance ways of working (including processes, methods, technology, project management, stakeholder management etc.) and drive the vision for promoting advanced analytical solution for better data exploration and insight generation in SPA and with other analytical groups.
- In collaboration with the SPA Infrastructure Business Alignment team and BSO, ensures new and innovative analytical tools, techniques and methods are implemented as appropriate to business need.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Background/Experience and Education:
- M.S. or advanced degree in Data Science related field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Computer Science)
- Advanced programming experience with SAS, R and/or other statistical and/or analytical and visualization software packages
- Extensive clinical trial analytics and leadership experience
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders outside of biometrics in a rapid solution oriented manner
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment
- Knowledge of drug development (e.g pre-clinical, clinical development, post-marketing and Personalized Health Care) and ICH GCP guidelines, data source, statistical concepts, analytical methodology and technology.
- Curiosity and interest in the scientific aspects of drug development projects & advanced technology in analytics and data visualization
- Analytical and solution driven mind-set. Applied experience in extensive independent data exploration and insight generation including cleansing for analysis, visualizing, preliminary modeling and interpreting evidence.
- Ability and willingness to work with incomplete/dirty data and knowledge of methods how to properly manage the situation. Able to assess the added uncertainty of the conclusions driven by this kind of data.
- Able to build strong working relationships with appropriate personnel in other functional groups within and outside of the SPA and Biometrics organization
- Excellent communication skills; ability to negotiate successfully; strong influencing skills; Consultancy skills
- Experience leading projects and able to motivate others, especially without formal authority over them
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Embraces and endorses change; Ability to see the big picture
- Awareness of changing trends in industry
- Ability to work interactively with stakeholders to understand and define requirements and provide potential solutions
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.