Principal Training Manager
Closing Date: 11 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Relocation is not designated for this position. The TA Business Operations Principal Training Manager is responsible for the overall development, execution and management of training strategy and programs to meet the goals and objectives of TA Business Operations. The Principal Training Manager strategically partners with other senior leaders and key stakeholders to understand and translate business needs and requirements into global solutions that deliver results across PDG. ...
Relocation is not designated for this position.
The TA Business Operations Principal Training Manager is responsible for the overall development, execution and management of training strategy and programs to meet the goals and objectives of TA Business Operations. The Principal Training Manager strategically partners with other senior leaders and key stakeholders to understand and translate business needs and requirements into global solutions that deliver results across PDG.
- A senior leader and contributing member of TA Business Operations, responsible for assessing, prioritizing, and managing stakeholder expectations to ensure the successful execution of the overall training portfolio (projects, programs, services).
- Primary contact to stakeholders for all training related activities.
- Ensures all training programs are clearly defined, developed and delivered via an appropriate training platform.
- Works with course developers providing instructional design guidance in designing, creating, and reviewing their courses.
- Collaborates with internal partners to define and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Plans and manages project budgets and other resources.
- Manages stakeholder and network relationships, including assessment, customization and adoption of best practices.
- Establishes strong relationships with other training functions across the company (ie, PD and Commercial) to exchange knowledge of programs across PDG and the wider organization.
- Partners across PDG with other functions to ensure training needs are met and gaps are proactively identified.
- Conducts internal stakeholder reviews and measures outcomes of training and training programs.
- Partners with other PD/PDG functions to design and implement integrated solutions that leverage synergies and goals across the broader organization.
- Delivers presentations to senior leadership and stakeholders to communicate programs and support strategies.
- Identifies and implements monitoring techniques to ensure uptake of training programs and establish relevant metrics to assess continuous improvement of training programs.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 10+ years of related experience; an advance degree in adult education, instructional design or training related area highly preferred. Knowledge of Clinical Operations is a plus.
- Experience in the creation and execution of training plans, online course instructional design, e-learning technologies and instructional design theories and models.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms, training platform technologies and IT systems is a plus.
- Experience with training methodologies, tools and processes, including those that support business process design and adult learning.
- Experience with managing vendors, service agreements and budgets.
- Demonstrated success working in customer service and/or business partner relationship roles. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, gaining their trust and respect.
- Ability to influence without authority and impact the decisions of stakeholders and senior leadership (GLT).
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding goals and continuously improving business processes and activities. Pro-actively monitors change in the business and designs timely alternative strategies.
- Exceptional, teamwork and collaboration skills with a successful track record working in a highly matrixed environment in a global organization. Preferably with experience working with virtual teams, across diverse geographic areas, business settings and cultures.
- Experience leveraging formal and informal networks to drive timely and measurable results.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to quickly understand and evaluate highly complex issues within a clinical operations environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and resources to completion. Anticipates problems before they become critical and involves management as appropriate.
- Demonstrates initiative in times of change and uncertainty.
- Must be able to learn the business of assigned programs and to proactively provide real-time, customized solutions and approaches.
- Ability to convey both technical and non-technical material in a clear and concise manner.
- Exceptional decision making and facilitation skills.
- Experience with change management and project management methodologies.
- Some international travel required.
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.