Location: Europe, Middle East & Africa-France-Île-de-France
Closing Date: 12 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing multi-national group in a newly created role with responsibility for French statutory compliance and tax matters, including: - Maintaining French GAAP and tax compliant accounting records in a standalone French accounting system. - Reconciliation of the French accounting records to the equivalent US GAAP records held in PPD’s Lawson accounting software. ...
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing multi-national group in a newly created role with responsibility for French statutory compliance and tax matters, including:
- Maintaining French GAAP and tax compliant accounting records in a standalone French accounting system.
- Reconciliation of the French accounting records to the equivalent US GAAP records held in PPD’s Lawson accounting software.
- Using the French accounting records to support local VAT, corporate, payroll and other tax requirements.
- Manage the annual statutory audit process.
- Prepare and submit the company’s R&D tax credit claims.
- Deal with queries from the tax authorities and support tax audits.
- Other French accounting and legal requirements such as estimated accounts, periodic submissions to the Works Council, statistical reporting etc
You will report to the Director, Finance (statutory compliance) in Cambridge, UK and will work closely with the UK based tax department. You will be required to manage the relationship with our local external advisors and will liaise closely with our internal US GAAP corporate accounting department. You will be responsible for the direct line management of one accounting assistant.
As this is a new role you will have the opportunity to provide input into the design and development of the processes, timetables, and reconciliation tools you will use.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Hold a French DSGC/DECqualification or equivalent of ACCA diploma
Have at least 5 years’ experience working in general finance with a deep understanding of French statutory and tax requirements.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- You must be able to use your own initiative and work independently under remote line management.
- You must be accurate with a good attention to detail and possess good communication skills.
- Preferably have previous line management experience.
- Experience working in an international company would be beneficial.
- You must have good organisational skills and be able to prioritise a varied workload.
- Demonstrate good judgement to make decisions within defined procedures and practices.
- Experience of the French R&D tax credits would be a distinct advantage
PPD is an equal opportunities employer.
|Tel:||+44 1223 374100|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.