Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 04 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Field Service Engineer, Alcon, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness? We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Field Service Engineer, Alcon, UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness?
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for carrying out installation, repair and planned maintenance and performing retrofits and upgrades on Alcon surgical equipment, in accordance with established performance targets for his/her geographic territory. The role is responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction within the territory and facilitating rapid communications and problem resolution. From time-to-time, the role will be required to cover other territories across the UK and Ireland.
• Perform Pre Delivery inspection instrument checks and item schedules at Alcon offices or in-situ as necessary
• Perform preventative maintenance routines: maintain and fix equipment, perform commissioning and provide service training for new equipment installation as scheduled etc.
• Install retrofits, upgrades and instruct customers of resultant benefits and changes in accordance with Field Safety notice instructions
• Perform ‘emergency’ visits as requested by customers as part of their contracted service agreements or on a one off billable basis
• Ensure all resources (parts, tools etc.) are available for successful customer call completion
• Accurately and thoroughly document customer calls on the company’s information system
• Minimise instrument failure call back
• Arrange and schedule visits to customer sites whenever necessary and arrange for additional customer support as required, communicating with customers on a daily basis.
• Communicate regularly with the sales team to ensure all commercial opportunities are maximized including promotion of products features/benefits
• Consult with local and international management on chronic or unusual problems
• Provide feedback to the Alcon Sales Force and Management Team to ensure high levels of communication.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
University degree qualification or equivalent in Professional Engineering with an emphasis on Electronics or Bio-medical Engineering
Technical School graduate/HND technical qualification or equivalent
Any other European language (in addition to English) would be an asset
Experience with Ophthalmic Lasers from Ultra Violet to Infra-Red Spectrum and other Ophthalmic Devices, i.e. Phaco emulsifiers, OCTs, etc.
Experienced in installing, maintaining and repairing large medical device capital equipment
Customer Service, Field Service, Technical Support and Training in Medical Devices
Experienced in providing excellent standards of customer service: account ownership, customer satisfaction, escalation processes
Alcon are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.