Location: Ireland Cork City
Closing Date: 04 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Job Purpose Plans, coordinates, develops and Implements IOL Optic mold pins for new product technology transfers ensuring that all optical testing meets specifications. Completes pin related Development Support Requests and Technical Documents as requested by R&D FTW. ...
Plans, coordinates, develops and Implements IOL Optic mold pins for new product technology transfers ensuring that all optical testing meets specifications. Completes pin related Development Support Requests and Technical Documents as requested by R&D FTW.
• Optic Pin Development in Cork and interaction with other departments/plants participating or impacted by technology transfer projects
• Calculating pin and wafer targets for new IOL designs using data analysis and optics software
• Responsible for data analysis of pin proofing iterations and communication of project status and risks to internal and external stakeholders
• Work closely with Pin Development area, Technicians, Pilot Line Supervisor and Manufacturing to utilise resources and equipment effectively
• Use Zemax software to analyse lens data and reduce iterations
• Responsible for managing pin development surface and cosmetic inspection equipment.
• Responsible for analysing Pin proofing data to develop wafer specification targets for production use
• Take ownership of pin DSR’s and communicate progress effectively to all stakeholders
• Work closely with R&D Forth Wort on pin process and design improvements
• Communication of project status and risks to internal and external stakeholders
Number of direct reports: 2
Impact on the organization:
Critical to the transfer and implementation of new product and process technologies into the Alcon Ireland MTO facility
Specific Position knowledge/skills/abilities:
Good PC skills - Microsoft Office, Optical design knowledgeGood organisational skills. Attention to detail. Proven track record in Quality. Confidentiality. Strong communication skills.
Minimum requirements Education
Minimum:. Honours Degree in a Technical discipline, mechanical or optical
Preferred: Phd in a Technical discipline, mechanical or optical
Minimum:. 3-5 years experience in a technical role within an optical / medical environment
Preferred: 5-10 years experience in an R&D role executing product and process technology transfers in a regulated industry environment
Alternative combination: Specific experience in IOL development within Alcon would be an advantage if minimum criteria is not met
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.