Company: INC Research
Location: Munich, Germany
Closing Date: 23 Dec 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
Do you want to be a part of a global top 10 CRO? INC Research is a full-service contract research organization, providing the full range of Phase I to IV clinical development services for the world’s pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries. We do this across six continents. We believe that therapeutic and operational experience forms the foundation for taking medicines successfully through clinical development.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Medical Writing team in Germany and are seeking a Medical Writer to be based in our Munich office.
Medical writers are the professionals for performing the writing activities needed for Clinical Studies. Based on the results of these studies, health authorities decide, whether the product may be sold on the market.
The writing activities include essentially:
• The clinical study protocol, which specifies how the study is to be performed by each party – physicians and nurses as well as the supportive staff instructing and monitoring the clinicians during the study investigations, checking and cleaning the data resulting from the investigations, and analyzing the data statistically.
• The clinical study report (CSR), which summarizes the statistical output (tables and figures) in a document, which is similar to a paper for a scientific journal, but much more pages.
• Narratives for special adverse effects of the study drug, based on information from the drug safety department and the clinical database.
• Documents for the health authorities, summarizing the CSRs produced during drug development, in order to obtain approval for selling the product on the market.
As a beginner, you will mainly work on CSRs and narratives for adverse effects, with adequate training and support from senior colleagues.
Skills and attributes:
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills/experience:
• Degree (minimum BA/BS) in life sciences, clinical sciences, English/journalism, or equivalent related experience.
• Moderate progressive experience in medical and/or scientific writing preferred or equivalent education and experience.
• Extensive knowledge of English grammar.
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills; team-oriented.
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Internet.
• Ideally you are already familiar with the principles of clinical research and/ or interpretation, presentation, and proofreading of clinical data or other complex information.
Why choose INC Research:
At INC Research, we understand that it’s our people who make us great. That’s why we are committed to finding and retaining the best talent in the industry. In order to do this, we focus on recognizing and rewarding achievements, mapping out career paths that are unique to each employee’s strengths, and encouraging everyone to be themselves.
We’ve got an attitude at INC: “Can do, I own it.” Absolutely everyone has ownership of what they do here and because we’re given the freedom and responsibility to really own our projects, we can take them to new levels. Hear why INC employees enjoy working within a Culture of Opportunity.
What happens next:
If your application is successful you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters who will arrange a suitable date and time to speak to you further about this opportunity.
INC Research Europe
Királyhágó tér 8-9, 2th floor, 1126 Budapest, Hungary
|Tel:||+36 1 489 48 56|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.