Principal Analyst, Global Clinical Development Informatics-136304
Location: Europe, Middle East & Africa-United Kingdom
Closing Date: 26 Jan 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Leads projects for Global Clinical Development to design and create global reports and dashboards for operational performance and capacity management. Analyzes data utilizing advanced data analysis tools and techniques. Provides comprehensive analysis and visual interpretations of data. May create process flows and standard templates for use across the organization to understand business practices and identify improvements for effectiveness and efficiency. ...
Leads projects for Global Clinical Development to design and create global reports and dashboards for operational performance and capacity management. Analyzes data utilizing advanced data analysis tools and techniques. Provides comprehensive analysis and visual interpretations of data. May create process flows and standard templates for use across the organization to understand business practices and identify improvements for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Takes ownership for achieving deliverables within the specified time period and provides regular updates to leadership.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems with little or no support through in-depth evaluation of various factors, including identifying common constraints and issues across assigned projects
- Develop & implement GCD performance and capacity reporting to support business decisions
- Perform data trend analysis, aiding in identification of process improvement opportunities
- Consults with team members and key stakeholders on the best approach for optimization of existing systems/tools
- Identify, develop and deliver training, processes, and guidelines in support of various systems and tools
- Provide support with ad hoc initiatives, including process improvement
- Serves as a subject matter (SME) expert for data extraction and analysis
- Mentor other team members
Resource Management, Analytics Optimization, Planning and Resource Management
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills & abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years to include 3 years of progressive experience with metrics and data analysis ideally in a clinical development research environment) or equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail for production of high quality deliverables
- Advanced expertise with data manipulation and visualization tools such as TIBCO Spotfire, OBIEE, SQL, Crystal Reports, report writing packages or MS Access
- Ability to learn new software and systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence reporting tools
- Ability to lead a team and team meetings, communications and process flows within departmental structure and across functional groups to effectively meet team and overall organizational objectives
- Ability to provide training and facilitation for new users on processes, procedures and systems
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
- Occasionally drives to site locations and occasionally travels both domestic and international
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Moderate mobility required
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in house and off-the-shelf
- Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
- Regular and consistent attendance
PPD is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status by embracing diversity and the responsibilities of corporate citizenship in our communities. PPD values our former military & transitioning service member’s service.