Company: Thornshaw Recruitment
Closing Date: 02 Jan 17
Salary (£): On Application
On behalf of our client, a Galway based medical device company, we are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer.
This is a one year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Implement appropriate process controls.
• Maximise manufacturing process performance.
• Apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
• Lead the conversion of manufacturing process from batch manufacturing to single piece continuous flow manufacturing.
• Support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process / Manufacturing / R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
• Provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls.
• Ensure that non-conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects.
• Successfully complete validations and process improvements.
• Support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following background and experience:
• Catheter manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within the Medical Device/Healthcare.
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage.
• Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Deirdre on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671
Barton House 6 Old Dublin Road Stillorgan Co. Dublin
|Tel:||00 353 (1) 278 4671|
|Fax:||00 353 (1) 278 4672|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.