Company: Lonza Biologics Plc
Closing Date: 05 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia. Our vision: We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life. ...
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.Our vision:
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.Our mission:
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Job Description SummaryLine & performance management. To provide scientific and technical guidance to develop purification processes for biopharmaceutical development. To provide leadership to direct reports through pro-active performance management, mentoring and coaching.
· Represent Process Development on JSCs
· Deputise for HoD as appropriate
· Approval of departmental spend within defined limits
· Proactively input into departmental strategy
· Identify, design, sell and deliver strategic projects
· Own and be accountable for multiple departmental metrics / KPI
· Accountable for the delivery of multiple, complex or non-standard stages (on time, on budget, right first time)
· Responsible for key services and areas
· Have good working relationships with other managers within a large organisation.
Coach and mentor senior members of the department
· Role model for professionalism in the workplace
· Final sign off of documentation
· Participate in recruitment activities across Process Development
· Role model for continuous professional development
· Conduct grievance hearings as per Lonza disciplinary procedure
· Demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the team/departmentResponsibilities · Broad knowledge of other areas of Process Development, Analytical Services and Applied Protein Services and how their activities apply to Process Development · Confident in dealing with uncertainty and managing change · Proven ability to recruit successfully · Proactive and competent resource management · Appreciation of departmental budget constraints · Awareness of UK employment lawsEducationBachelors: Biotechnology (Required)
Work ExperienceManagement, Research&Development
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.
228 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
|Tel:||+44 1753 777000|
|Fax:||+44 1753 777001|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.