Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Closing Date: 09 Dec 16
Salary (£): On Application
• Permanent headcount position • Based in Sittingbourne, Kent • Biotech company • Ideally to start in January 2017
My client were founded in 1998 and is listed on both the NASDAQ Global Market and AIM, a market of the London Stock Exchange. They are licensed by the UK Home Office to work with a range of controlled drugs for medical research purposes.
Their vision is to make a positive difference in the lives of patients through the development of a portfolio of cannabinoid prescription medicines in a wide range of therapeutic indications. Their strategy is to build on their world leading position in the field of cannabinoid science and in the research, development and commercialization of cannabinoid molecules as novel prescription pharmaceutical therapeutic candidates.
Their lead product is currently in Phase 3 FDA clinical trials being studied in a number of catastrophic childhood-onset epilepsy syndromes. The product has been granted orphan drug status in those indications. They have assembled a large in-house team with extensive experience in developing cannabinoids, medicines containing controlled substances, as well as plant-based prescription pharmaceutical products. They maintain in-house control over all aspects of the cannabinoid product development process. They also hold GMP manufacturing licenses for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products for both clinical trials and commercial purposes.
Develop a range of scientific studies to support Project Teams as required. Provide key scientific expertise and knowledge to various projects within the department.
• Maintain and provide in-depth knowledge and expertise on the drug development process.
• Practical and theoretical understanding in a range of scientific skills and technologies.
• Demonstrate competency and innovation on a range of complex laboratory skills and equipment.
• Maintain industry knowledge and keep abreast of relevant new technologies.
• Contribute to process driven continuous improvement initiatives.
• Record and review all experimental outcomes in an appropriate format.
• Report and communicate project outcomes in an appropriate manner.
• Identify and resolve promptly any problems occurring at any phase of a study, escalating to the line manager where necessary.
• Maintain all areas of the laboratory in clean and tidy state.
• Coach and mentor less experienced colleagues as required.
• Ensure training record is maintained to cGxP.
• Ensure all applicable quality measures are met and adhered to.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of all relevant cGxP documents.
• Experience in analytical chemistry
• Experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry or a PhD
• Chromatographic method development experience
• Competency in Mass Spec
• Other analytical techniques
• Good understanding of formulation development would be an asset.
• Working with controlled drugs would also be an asset.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, 01753 216725.
Please note, if your skills/experience do not match the requirements for the role you may not get a response.
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.