Closing Date: 18 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
As the Product Director, Solutions and Integrations, you will be a key strategic player. You will drive the company’s growth by, managing product portfolio life cycle, and enabling a group that evaluates new business opportunities, determines which opportunities to pursue, prioritizes features, keeps track of competitors, launches new products, and keeps in touch with prospects, clients, key opinion leaders and internal customers to identify new feature and new product needs.
~~As the Product Director, Solutions and Integrations, you will be a key strategic player. You will drive the company’s growth by, managing product portfolio life cycle, and enabling a group that evaluates new business opportunities, determines which opportunities to pursue, prioritizes features, keeps track of competitors, launches new products, and keeps in touch with prospects, clients, key opinion leaders and internal customers to identify new feature and new product needs.
This role is to be based in our new state of the art Nottingham offices in the city centre or can be home based in the UK.
You will report to the VP, Product Management, Data & Analytics Services, of Platform Solutions and work closely with various key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership: Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership and development of the product management group to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and personal goals/objectives, as appropriate. Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the wider PI group in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Market Problems: Discover market problems by interviewing customers, recent evaluators, and potential customers in new niches.
- Win/Loss Analysis: Conduct win/loss interviews for recent opportunities.
- Distinctive Competence: Articulate company’s unique abilities to deliver value in assigned markets.
- Competitive Intelligence: Work with Senior Management in Client Operations to keep competitive intelligence up to date, including database of company/feature comparisons and focused information sheets for Sales on how to sell against competitors in your assigned markets.
- Focus: Oversee and/or filter new product and feature opportunities and focus the product team on those with the greatest potential for PAREXEL, ensuring alignment with portfolio strategic themes.
- Roadmap: Oversee and/or lead the development and communication of product vision and to the preparation of 12-month roadmap and more detailed 3 month work plan, both with delivery date estimates. Ensure program increments align with portfolio strategic themes
- Business Plan: Develop products business plans, ensuring they include a market size assessment and a financial model of revenue and profits (ROI), risks assessment, communication and education plan, advertising, social media, KPIs, post-launch strategy, voice of the customer, etc.
- Buyer and User Personas: Oversee and/or lead the preparation and maintenance of user and buyer personas for all products.
- Requirements: Prioritized backlog of features for all product is maintained, and that that requirements, prototypes, designs and developed products meet customers’ needs, including ensuring feedback is gathered throughout the development process. Establish product acceptance criteria.
- Pricing: Ensure preparation and maintenance of pricing and licensing models and schedules.
- Product Positioning: Ensure the preparation and maintenance of a Product Offering Document for all products. Oversee overall product life cycle management.
- Launch: Ensure there is an organizational readiness plan for for product releases, and all items are completed to launch releases externally. Build internal relationships to enable organizational readiness to guarantee smooth adoption by internal customers. Build partnerships with relevant stakeholders as appropriate: CRS Technology, L&D, PAREXEL Quality, Business Operations, Business Development, Marketing, Perceptive Partner Program, operational groups, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Demos: Ensure product teams work with sales and technical product manager to specify requirements for standard demos for all products, that demo scripts are prepared, and training is conducted to sales team on demos and demo updates.
- Sense of enthusiasm and light touch in working with teammates across the organization
- Excellent formal and informal interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to diplomatically communicate priorities across the organization and externally
- Client focused approach to work
- Ability to remain calm in times of stress
- Ability to effectively interface with clients
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and to demonstrate and foster teamwork within the group as well as across the organization
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites and industry conferences regionally and globally (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in a relevant area (Information Systems/Technology Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Project Management (PMP) or relevant business area such as Accounting) or equivalent experience.
- MBA / M.Sc. a plus but not essential
- Fluent written and verbal English communications skills are essential.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Strong previous demonstrable software product management experience
- Experience with clinical trials a strong plus, including work as a product manager, clinical trial project manager, clinical operations lead, data operations leads, clinical logistics lead, or other position closely related to the operations of clinical trials or software for clinical trials
- Experience evaluating new business opportunities and new entries into markets
- Experience preparing business plans for new opportunities
- Experience launching new products
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and full training within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type
101-105 Oxford Road
|Tel:||+44 1895 238000|
|Fax:||+44 1895 238494|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.