Closing Date: 18 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
The Principal Business Analyst works in the Portfolio Management group within the Engineering R&D function. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders in Engineering, Architecture, and Product Leadership, as well as business leaders and external clients.
Why Work at PAREXEL?
For over 30 years, PAREXEL and its clients, the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, have shared a crucial mission: to prevent and cure disease by delivering important new medicines and therapies to the patients who need them.
PAREXEL accomplishes this important goal through the expertise, experience, innovation and commitment of our employees around the world.
At PAREXEL, you’ll be surrounded by supportive leadership and a brilliant team who share a common goal — to improve the lives of millions of patients.
This role will give you a unique opportunity to join a rapidly evolving team in an Engineering organization operating globally. You will be part of the team bringing true innovation to our industry through sophisticated technology.
This role is based in our new state of the art Nottingham office that is fully open planned and has an onsite staff restaurant and facilities.
You will report to the Manager Portfolio Management and work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders.
The Principal Business Analyst works in the Portfolio Management group within the Engineering R&D function. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders in Engineering, Architecture, and Product Leadership, as well as business leaders and external clients. The scope encompasses the design of effective business solutions, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization. You will be instrumental in the preparation of business cases which define potential benefits to inform decisions on our investments in R&D.
You will contribute significantly to the continuous improvement of the Business Value Analysis function, oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change.
- Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
Business Process Improvement
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components.
- Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organizational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change programme.
- Builds long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders in the largest client organizations (internal or external).
- Acts as a single point of contact and facilitates access to colleagues and subject experts.
- Maintains a strong understanding of clients’ industry and business, assists clients in the formation of IT strategies, and acts to ensure that they are offered products and services aligned to these strategies.
Requirements Definition and Management
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum), UML, Object Orientated, Data Modelling, Process Modelling and/or other development methodologies
- Awareness of structured approach to Business Analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and full training within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type
101-105 Oxford Road
|Tel:||+44 1895 238000|
|Fax:||+44 1895 238494|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.