Closing Date: 21 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
PAREXEL strives to be the premier provider to the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries for the development and commercialization of new medical therapies worldwide. Our mission is to combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease.
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s PAREXEL. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Glassdoor.
~~PAREXEL strives to be the premier provider to the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries for the development and commercialization of new medical therapies worldwide. Our mission is to combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease. We believe in our values; Integrity and Ethics, Client Service and Quality, Innovation, Sense of Urgency, Open Communication, Initiative and Reward, Teamwork, Ownership.
The Senior Project Manager works with Product Management, Portfolio group, the Business Owners and Scrum team(s) to create and define user stories and supporting artefacts for product features and enhancements. The Senior Project Manager will lead in prioritizing business epics and agile release train epics in prioritizing and grooming features and associated user stories for inclusion in a particular release and a particular sprint.
This role is based at our new modern Nottingham office situated in the town centre.
You will report to the Associate Director, Manager Portfolio Management and work closely with Product Management, Product Owner, Scrum team, Subject Matter Experts as well as developing external relationships with external clients.
- Manages provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client through involvement in the delivery of consultancy service.
- Engages with clients and maintains client relationships. Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
- Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Support
- Uses recommended portfolio, programme and project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
- Provides administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Selects methods and tools, using iterative techniques where appropriate, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained.
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
Systems Development Management
- Sets policy and standards for solution development projects.
- Promotes the benefits of addressing all security issues during solution development and ensures secure development improvement practices. Identifies, proposes, and initiates software process improvement activities within the organisation, devising solutions
- Takes action to exploit opportunities that will have a measurable effect on process effectiveness, with associated benefits to the business.
- Identifies and manages the resources necessary for all stages (planning, estimation, execution) of solution development projects, ensuring that technical, financial and quality targets are met.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum), UML, Object Orientated, Data Modelling,
- Process Modelling and/or other development methodologies
- Awareness of structured approach to test planning and test execution.
- Relevant experience with Agile project management, including Scaled Agile (SAFe) in a high technology or Internet-based software development environment. A strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is desirable.
- Related business experience (project manager and/or equivalent) typically gained over a period of time would be preferable
- A thorough understanding of generic Project Life Cycle management controls is essential
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and full training within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type
101-105 Oxford Road
|Tel:||+44 1895 238000|
|Fax:||+44 1895 238494|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.