Closing Date: 21 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT Project Manager to work within PAREXEL Informatics. All along the drug development path, PAREXEL Informatics has technological innovations that make the process faster, more precise and more productive. The primary role of the IT PM is to provide tactical management, administration and leadership to project teams.
At PAREXEL, we believe that the power to work independently and intelligently should be yours every day. Your ability to understand our clients’ needs and achieve quality results is critical to our reputation as one of the best clinical research organizations (CROs) in the world. On your PAREXEL journey, we support you with leading-edge technology, the highest caliber team members, and managers who know your strengths. If you’re looking for flexibility and work-life balance, we’re here to listen and help you move forward with your individual career path. Bring your talent to PAREXEL and surround yourself with colleagues who share the same dedication and passion—to deliver life-saving treatments to patients worldwide.
~~PAREXEL strives to be the premier provider to the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries for the development and commercialization of new medical therapies worldwide. Our mission is to combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease. We believe in our values; Integrity and Ethics, Client Service and Quality, Innovation, Sense of Urgency, Open Communication, Initiative and Reward, Teamwork, Ownership.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT Project Manager to work within PAREXEL Informatics. All along the drug development path, PAREXEL Informatics has technological innovations that make the process faster, more precise, more trackable, and more productive. The primary role of the IT PM is to provide tactical management, administration and leadership to project teams, in order to ensure that the project proceeds within the agreed tolerances of time/budget and delivers a fit for purpose outcome to the organisation.
Working in partnership with different business and technical areas, the Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of multidisciplinary global project teams to deliver Technology projects of varying size and complexity, focusing specifically on software projects.
This role is office based in our new state of the art Nottingham office.
- Be responsible for the timely and effective delivery of personally assigned projects (including SAFe Agile Release Trains), bringing to the attention of the senior management any circumstances causing delay, concern or requiring higher level authority to proceed.
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, constraints, risks, staffing requirements and procedures for accomplishing projects.
- In conjunction with key resources from each department, coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget. Clearly defines timelines and expectations of other team members by effective collaboration.
- Be responsible for the production and supply of project information as requested or required by the organisation. This includes (a) update on project statuses; (b) issues and problems; and (c) suggestions and improvements.
- Be responsible for supporting the Senior Director, Project & Programme Management in the development and achievement of the departments operational and strategic objectives considering the global impact of Project Manager Initiatives on the overall business strategy.
- Takes ownership of customer issues, seeing them through to a satisfactory conclusion, delegating where appropriate and communicating appropriately and effectively.
- Contributes to the introduction of the Project Management discipline to the Technology department, acting as a coach and mentor to other personnel on its principles and best practice, including Agile and SAFe
- Establishes and maintains standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation, ensuring that these solutions conform to company standards and SOPs and bringing to the attention of the Senior Director, Project & Programme Management any developments in practice and procedure that warrants review
- Good customer focus, attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A thorough understanding of generic Project Life Cycle management controls is essential
- A thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is desirable.
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team in a matrix environment
- Agile/Scrum Master knowledge is required
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) understanding or experience is required
- Related business experience (project manager and/or equivalent) typically gained over a period of time would be preferable
- Relevant experience with Agile project management, including Scaled Agile (SAFe) in a high technology or Internet-based software development environment
- Educated to degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other health-related discipline preferred), nursing or other relevant qualification/experience.
- Certified Scrum Master and Safe Program Consultant designation highly desirable not essential.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and full training within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
101-105 Oxford Road
|Tel:||+44 1895 238000|
|Fax:||+44 1895 238494|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.