Statistical Programmer II / Senior Statistical Programmer / Lead Statistical Programmer - Based Western Europe
Closing Date: 15 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) is the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 29,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We helped develop or commercialize all of 2013’s top-100 best-selling drugs on the market. ...
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) is the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 29,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We helped develop or commercialize all of 2013’s top-100 best-selling drugs on the market.
Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes. To learn more about Quintiles, please visit www.quintiles.com
Provide experienced technical expertise to develop process methodology for department to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and coordinate the development of integrated programming solutions serving the full spectrum of statistical programming needs. Provide technical expertise and leadership to the department. Provide internal consulting services, including specifications and user needs analysis for complex project or client requirements.
- Perform, plan co-ordinate and implement the following for complex studies: (i) the programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing and (ii) the programming of analysis datasets (derived datasets) and transfer files for internal and external clients and (iii) the programming quality control checks for the source data and report the data issues periodically..
- Ability to interpret project level requirements and develop programming specifications, as appropriate, for complex studies.
- Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to SP teams and Statistical Programming department, for complex studies.
- Fulfill project responsibilities at the level of technical team lead for single complex studies or group of studies.
- Directly communicate with internal and client statisticians and clinical team members to ensure appropriate understanding of requirements and project timelines.
- Estimate programming scope of work, manage resource assignments, communicate project status and negotiate/re-negotiate project timelines for deliverables.
- Use and promote the use of established standards, SOP and best practices.
- Provide training and mentoring to SP team members and Statistical Programming department staff.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Statistical programming in SAS within the CRO/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Healthcare industries
- Experience as technical team lead directly engaging clients and coordinating tasks within a programming team
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Knowledge of statistics, programming and/or clinical drug development process
- Advanced knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Graph and SAS Macro Language
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team (SPM)
- Exhibits routine and occasionally complex problem solving skills
- Recognizes when negotiating skills are needed and seeks assistance
- Ability to lead teams and projects and capable of managing at a group level
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in computer science or related field and 3 years relevant experience; Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in computer science or related field and 5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel