Regulatory and Start-Up Specialist 2 (f/m) - office based in Uppsala, Sweden
Closing Date: 18 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
PURPOSEManage and perform tasks at country level associated with Regulatory, Start-Up (RSU) and Maintenance activities in accordance with applicable local and/or international regulations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), project requirements and contractual/budgetary guidelines. May participate in pre-award activities, proposals and oversights of the scope of work at country level. ...
Manage and perform tasks at country level associated with Regulatory, Start-Up (RSU) and Maintenance activities in accordance with applicable local and/or international regulations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), project requirements and contractual/budgetary guidelines. May participate in pre-award activities, proposals and oversights of the scope of work at country level.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) in assigned studies for investigative sites, RSU Team Lead, Clinical Operations, Feasibility, Site Identification, Project Management and CST. Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions (WIs), quality of designated deliverables and to project timelines. Where applicable, act as a Country Lead for projects with no regional Lead assigned.
- Perform Regulatory, Start-up and Maintenance activities according to applicable regulations, SOPs and work instructions.
- Prepare site regulatory documents, reviewing for completeness and accuracy.
- Review, prepare and negotiate site contracts and budgets with sites.
- Ensure accurate completion and maintenance of internal systems, databases and tracking tools with project specific information.
- Ensure contracts are fully executed, regulatory documents and approvals are granted, IP Release authorized and specific project deliverables are completed.
- Review and provide feedback to management on site performance metrics.
- Review, establish and agree on project planning and project timelines. Ensure overall project efficiency and adherence to project timelines. Ensure monitoring measures are in place and implement contingency plan as needed.
- May contribute to the collection, interpretation, analysis and dissemination of accurate regulatory intelligence to support assigned studies and wider company, as required.
- Assist in pre-award activities including bid defenses, proposals and oversights of the scope of work at country level.
- May support importation activities.
- May have direct contact with sponsors on specific initiatives.
- May act as Local Regulatory, Ethics and Contract Expert and reviewer of ICF.
- May act as mentor, and prepare and deliver country-specific training, for less experienced staff.
- May participate in feasibility and/or site identification activities.
- May perform Site Selection Visits if a trained monitor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEBachelor’s Degree in life sciences or a related field and 3 years’ clinical research or other relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical systems, procedures, and corporate standards
- Effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, SOPs and company’s Corporate Standards
- Understanding of regulated clinical trial environment and knowledge of drug development process
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- May require occasional travel.