Head of Consumer Health - Global External Communications
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 06 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
ProClinical is currently overseeing a retained search for a leading, Global HealthCare company.Job Role:
This individual will develop and implement a comprehensive global strategic external communications and media relations program to broaden awareness of the company and its mission with the goal of enhancing the organization's public image and visibility among diverse audiences and constituencies. ...
ProClinical is currently overseeing a retained search for a leading, Global HealthCare company.
- This individual will develop and implement a comprehensive global strategic external communications and media relations program to broaden awareness of the company and its mission with the goal of enhancing the organization's public image and visibility among diverse audiences and constituencies.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of worldwide Consumer Health external communications strategies for issues management, strategic initiatives and brand strategies.
- Incumbent will be a member of the Consumer Health Global Communications Leadership Team, directly reporting to and led by the Vice President, Global Communications for Consumer Health.
- Develop and manage integrated strategic external communication programs that promote Consumer Health, its products and programs and protect and defend the company and its reputation from potential threats and risks.
- Provide professional communications support to create and execute programs that assure maximum positive exposure - proactive product communications/financial communications/public relations/advocacy, reactive issues management and crisis communications (including product and site issues and litigation).
- Direct PR programs that maximize appropriate positioning opportunities for the Consumer Health business and its brands, and support desired image among key audiences through high-end, sophisticated public relations techniques including online/digital and social media activities.
- Evaluate new opportunities for external engagement in social/digital media, working with communications, marketing and digital teams.
- Work alongside head of Consumer Health global communications and collaborate with global, regional and country corporate communications leads to establish/maintain strong media relationships, manage media inquiries and provide strategic counsel on public relations programs that strengthen Consumer Health's reputation and advance business objectives.
- Oversee and advise executives and senior managers of Consumer Health on environmental trends and strategic communication issues.
- Establish, track and report on key global communications success metrics, including measurements and bench-marking for social and online media.
Education and Experience:
- Senior executive with seasoned experience as a generalist in public relations/communications
- Broad corporate experience, preferably including international responsibility at a health care company
- Persuasive communicator, both written and oral
- Extensive experience dealing with senior editorial writers/journalists and electronic media
- Experience in working with industry trade groups, outside public relations and advertising agencies and senior management.
- Must have sufficient experience and skill to provide expertise and direction to a wide range of activities with a variety of objectives
For a comprehensive job description and further information on this position please contact Todd Wigmore on +44 2037 520 312 or via email on email@example.com.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies