Company: Thornshaw Recruitment
Closing Date: 02 Jan 17
Salary (£): On Application
on behalf of our client, a leading medical device company based in the west of Ireland we are hiring for a Project Manager – New Product Development. This is a full time permanent role.
My client is a leading medical device company based in the west of Ireland. Due to continued growth within the company they are currently hiring for a Project Manager – New Product Development. This is a full time permanent role.
To support the commercial team to achieve business growth in line with company strategy, by managing new products through the Company NPD framework, ensuring the on-time and on-budget delivery of high quality solutions to our customers
• Honours Degree Engineering (e.g. Mechanical/Electronic/Software)
• Significant Project Management experience within R&D / Product Development arena
• Strong Project Management skills, PMI certification an advantage
• Ability to manage cross functional project teams to deliver projects on-time and within budget
• Experience in Medical Devices an advantage
NPD Project Management
1. Work closely with the commercial team to develop innovative, quality solutions based on customer requirements that deliver a significant return on investment for the business.
2. Prepare for and schedule PAC meetings, ensuring relevant projects and items for discussion are on the agenda, documentation is prepared and available in advance of meetings, minutes published timely and actions followed up between meetings.
3. Plan and publish project budgets, control project costs within agreed budgets and deliver products within BOM targets.
4. Work with Management to ensure all projects across the group are adequately resourced, individuals are not overburdened and that resources are shared across projects in line with group strategy and priorities.
5. Plan and track all projects to ensure on-time delivery, highlighting any roadblocks and working with relevant functions / management to ensure timely resolution or escalation.
6. Monitor the proper conduct of projects in line with our Quality System. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work and functional alignment within their departments.
7. Work with the Technical Director and Clinical team to ensure that clinical data is available in a timely manner for new product launches
8. Work with fellow NPD Project Manager, Senior R&D Manager, and the Management team to continue to develop the NPD framework making it as efficient, effective and user friendly as possible
R&D Project Management
1. Manage R&D Design Projects at a micro-level. Work with Electronic, Software, Mechanical and Garment functions to scope out a detailed design, development and test plans which support overall project targets / goals.
2. Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
Ensure that the design control documentation is completed in concert with the project plan and in line with the Company quality system.
3. Assist operations with the consolidation of documents and specifications required for RFQ, prototyping / engineering builds, process validation and production ramp / post launch support.
4. Maintain product and process quality. Deliver projects within the guidelines set out in the Company Quality System. Participate in external audits of the project. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work.
Interested? then contact Tina at +353 1 2784671 or email your CV in confidence to email@example.com
Barton House 6 Old Dublin Road Stillorgan Co. Dublin
|Tel:||00 353 (1) 278 4671|
|Fax:||00 353 (1) 278 4672|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.