Company: Pop Science Limited
Closing Date: 21 Mar 17
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
Benefits: Benefits and Bonus
Our client is a world-class cancer research organisation with international ratings of excellence across all of its programmes.They are looking for an expert in Clinical Data Management to join their team in Surrey as a Senior Clinical Data Scientist. The role would suit a confident senior data manager who is interested in cutting edge research trials. This is working on the data management strategy, rather than directly hands on in trials. ...
Our client is a world-class cancer research organisation with international ratings of excellence across all of its programmes.
They are looking for an expert in Clinical Data Management to join their team in Surrey as a Senior Clinical Data Scientist. The role would suit a confident senior data manager who is interested in cutting edge research trials. This is working on the data management strategy, rather than directly hands on in trials.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary clinical trials unit, which comprises more than 70 staff including statisticians, trials managers/co-ordinators, data managers and research, IT and administrative support staff. Staff are managed within a scientific and professional specialty matrix with statistical and trial management staff under the scientific leadership of the Director of Reserach.
Our client would like to appoint a Senior Clinical Data Scientist to provide expert leadership to data processes across our portfolio of academic trials of cancer treatments. Working within a multi- disciplinary team of trial managers, data managers, administrators, statisticians and clinical database and systems programmers, this post will have responsibility for clinical data management quality systems and processes to support the delivery of high quality data within the portfolio.
This post would suit an experienced and innovative individual with senior data management expertise, with an interest in cancer research and experience of EDC, who would relish the opportunity of working in an academic environment.
* Provide leadership to the data management team data quality processes, promoting standardisation across the trials portfolio in collaboration with senior statistical, trial management and IT colleagues.
* Work largely independently but seek appropriate guidance on relevant issues from the Director and Deputy Directors as necessary, highlighting critical issues that could impact on the work or the organisation’s external profile.
* Use initiative and experience to identify and resolve problems, ensuring appropriate action is taken where required.
* Review established systems and processes to promote efficiency and effectiveness, contributing to the production of new or revised Standard Operation Procedures, guidance and templates where required.
* Oversee the activities of the Data Management Working Group, providing leadership to new and existing initiatives.
* Oversee the development of standard eCRFs and associated specifications, providing leadership to the CRF Standards Working Group.
* Contribute to the development of processes for data linkage to optimise the incorporation of routine datasets for the long term follow up of patients.
* Oversee processes for data sharing including the development of standards for data anonymisation.
* Oversee quality processes for EDC, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory and governance requirements.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the regulatory and governance environment in the UK considering the impact of regulatory issues on the data quality processes.
* Attend and contribute to meetings of the Quality Assurance Review Team, providing expert input as necessary.
* Contribute to responses to national and international policy consultations where relevant.
* Assist with the preparation and facilitation of audits and regulatory inspections.
* Provide line management of relevant staff, including training, development and any other duties that may be required which are consistent with the nature and grade of post.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Scientific Recruitment
18 Vanguard House
70 Martello St
|Tel:||+44 (0) 208 985 0565|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.