Company: Pop Science Limited
Closing Date: 21 Dec 16
Salary (£): 60,000 - 80,000
Benefits: excellent bonus and benefits
Principal technologist, Innovation Labs (Permanent and Contract roles available)Our client are leaders in technology innovation within the life science industry. They are looking for a thought leader in developing new and innovative software to join their team on either a contract and permanent basis. ...
Principal technologist, Innovation Labs (Permanent and Contract roles available)
Our client are leaders in technology innovation within the life science industry. They are looking for a thought leader in developing new and innovative software to join their team on either a contract and permanent basis.
The Principal Technologist, Innovation Labs position will responsible for the discovery, management, planning, development and support of technologies that may contribute to innovations in the clinical development process.
The Principal Technologist will be well-versed in current clinical trials industry and / or life science processes used in pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, and Contract Research Organisations.
What we are ideally looking for:
* An experienced software engineer who has developed applications ideally in Python or similar e.g. Ruby, Go, R
* A confident user of database engines and frameworks such as Django, Flask
* Someone who ideally has previous experience working with Big Data analytics
* A candidate who is passionate about new technology and how it’s development can help to contribute to solve current/future business problems
* Develop, maintain, and support electronic clinical systems used in the collection and management of clinical trial data
* Utilise your deep understanding of the clinical trial process to provide insight to product teams on appropriate business process test scenarios
* Analyse and recommend innovative approaches to business and technical requirements for eclinical solutions
* Create specifications for product features and analysis based on business needs, and may directly produce application modules and features
* Contribute to reviews of functional requirements, designing test plans for module or integration testing, writing test scripts / scenarios to verify stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts / scenarios and defect tracking and resolution.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to identify functional, regression and end-to-end test strategies to ensure comprehensive risk assessment and test coverage.
* Engage with customer facing organisations in Medidata to derive opportunity for enhancing product quality and to contribute to product roadmap and planning efforts. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the projects/products they work on, they will be a source of guidance for Medidata staff.
* Technology skills in managing databases, software systems and testing or validating clinical trial applications are essential.
* Publish findings and research that helps drive innovation, discussion, and thoughts in the industry
* Demonstrated understanding of industry regulatory requirements, guidance, and standards, together with strong experience in a software development or QA / QC environment e.g. ICH GCP, CDISC and CDASH
* Expert collaborator: share ideas and effort with a common commitment to achieving results
* Expert problem solver: Utilises novel methods or traditional methods as appropriate to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
* Technical Communicator: Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
* Software Engineering: Effectively executes processes associated with a software development life cycle
* Computer Science Knowledge: Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages
* Ability to quickly develop and implement solutions from concept to code
* Open minded - technology and business domain neutral to solve problems, assuming the problem is real
* Out of the box thinker - Ability to introduce new ideas and approaches for improving or enhancing processes, solutions, or technologies. You have a creative mindset.
* Disruptive thinker - if it is status quo, it is not desired.
* Thought leader - excited about change, and able to participate in the creation and design of ideas that lead to change.
Your Education & Experience:
* College/university degree in computer science, information systems or life sciences or equivalent work experience preferred
* Experience in software development environment required
* Experience working in a regulated, documented environment required
* Experience in clinical research required
* Experience across multiple platforms, languages and applications
* Experience in the clinical domain (knowing how a clinical trial works; regulatory environment) preferred
* Experience in a SaaS environment preferred
* Experience in metadata-driven systems preferred
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Scientific Recruitment
18 Vanguard House
70 Martello St
|Tel:||+44 (0) 208 985 0565|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.