Company: CK Clinical
Location: South West
Closing Date: 21 Dec 16
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
Mary Tilston is recruiting for an experienced Medical Affairs professional to join a privately owned pharmaceutical company with a specialist disease portfolio as a field...
Mary Tilston is recruiting for an experienced Medical Affairs professional to join a privately owned pharmaceutical company with a specialist disease portfolio as a field based Medical Science Liaison for their respiratory products. This is an integral role to developing and maintaining relationships with KOLs and academic centres across the South West of the UK through the provision of scientific advice and exchange. You will work as part of a team of Medical Science Liaison's, reporting into the Associate Medical Director.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
· Provide fair, balanced and unbiased field-based medical and scientific support.
· Identify, develop and maintain professional and credible relationships with the health care community.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with the relevant UK patient organisations in the disease area(s) of interest.
· Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant products and relevant disease area(s) in order to act as an expert medical resource.
· Project management of UK investigator initiated trial (IIT) applications
· Provide local input into company sponsored UK Phase II-IV clinical development activities
· Attend relevant national and international scientific meetings/congresses to ensure up-to-date knowledge of therapy area, gather competitive intelligence, and respond to any specific enquiries from healthcare professionals.
· Produce and update scientific and clinical presentations for assigned therapeutic area(s) as appropriate.
· Contribute to the development of the UK Medical Affairs strategic plan, playing a lead role in the organisation and execution of advisory boards and symposia.
· Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted in compliance with relevant policies, laws and codes.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
·Ideally a Medical degree, pharmacy degree, or higher science degree (i.e. MSc, PhD)
· Comprehensive knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice to ensure that all activities undertaken are conducted in a non-promotional manner.
· Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
· Understanding of the wider NHS environment and key opportunities for pharma and the NHS to partner effectively within the scope of the ABPI Code of Practice
· Experience as a Medical Science Liaison is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to combine your scientific knowledge and communication skills in an integral role in the Pharmaceutical industry.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL37574 in all correspondence.
9 High Street
|Tel:||+44 (0)1438 743047|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1438723800|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.