Associate Director Pathology in Münster (Germany)
Location: Munster, Germany
Closing Date: 30 Dec 16
Salary (£): Competitive
We are recruiting a Head of Pathology for our site in Münster, Germany, renowned for its scientific and operational excellence in primate toxicology testing. This is a permanent, full time position, reporting to our Global Head of Pathology.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting a Head of Pathology for our site in Münster, Germany, renowned for its scientific and operational excellence in primate toxicology testing.
This is a permanent, full time position, reporting to our Global Head of Pathology (global).
You will be instrumental in leading our Pathology team of currently two pathologists and a pathology technical assistant, in order to meet our client’s expectations.
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Oversee and coordinate all activities, including scientific, technical, supervisory, financial and administrative management of Anatomic Pathology.
- Supervise pathologists and support staff.
- Serve as an expert for all departments and clients regarding scientific issues.
- Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Collaborate with Pathology Leadership at other sites on providing strategic direction in the development of pathology.
- Collaborate with Pathology Leadership and pathologists from other sites in the scope of the Global Pathology organization.
- Coordinate scientific and technical activities between Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Operations in collaboration with the leadership of the operations groups and Pathology Leadership at other sites.
- Conduct formal peer reviews and review pathology narratives for scientific content and quality.
- Oversee the training of junior and non-board certified pathologists.
- Foster regular contact with the leadership of Toxicology Services, Pathology Services, Study Directors/Coordinators, and Laboratory Operations.
- Provide guidance and support to Client Pathology Liaisons assigned to provide this service.
- Interact with program managers, study directors, clients, consultants, technical staff and government regulatory agencies such as BfArM and FDA to address scientific issues relating to pathology.
- Promotes the scientific excellence of the Covance Münster Site via publications as well as participation and presentations at international scientific meetings.
To be successful in this position, you will possess a Veterinary degree and need to be Board certified by the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong background in Toxicologic Pathology with 8 years of related experience.
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical drug development industry.
- Supervisory and management experience. Skilled in time management, planning and budgeting.
- Stature and expertise to provide consultancy for key clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with pathology electronic data capture and reporting systems.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to colleagues and technicians, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP’s and client expectations of quality histotechnology.
- Sound knowledge of Animal Protection Law, GLPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and in writing). Fluency in German would be a plus.
- Limited travel within EU and to USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!