Company: Barrington James Clinical
Closing Date: 01 Jan 17
Salary (£): 100,000+
My client is seeking an R&D Director / Head of Research & Development to take responsibility for the development portfolio and be a true advocate for the R&D in this exciting company. You will have full oversight for the cross-functional departments including manufacturing, regulatory affairs and quality, supporting the CMO in clinical design and delivery.
R&D Director - Head of Research and Development – France – Oncology – Salary upon Request
Barrington James have been exclusively retained by an exciting biopharmaceutical in France, specialising in the development of injectable products for cancer patients. With a successful Market Application in 2016 and second pending for H1 2017, our client is quickly becoming a real player in the oncology field and one to look out for in 2017.
My client is seeking an R&D Director / Head of Research & Development to take responsibility for the development portfolio and be a true advocate for the R&D in this exciting company.
You will have full oversight for the cross-functional departments including manufacturing, regulatory affairs and quality, supporting the CMO in clinical design and delivery.
As Director of R&D, you will act as the primary point-of-contact and subject matter expert within the organisation, whilst taking a hands-on role on a daily basis.
- Full cycle responsibility of the clinical delivery of programmes throughout the clinical development lifecycle
- Coordination and overall support cross-functional departments including regulatory, quality, manufacturing and pre-clinical
- Manage site enrolment performance, clinical development checkpoints, project delivery metrics and timelines
- Manage projects in a timely manner, in compliance with corporate SOPs and relevant regulations; liaise with regulatory bodies as necessary
- Effectively manage project budgets to ensure financial targets are met through regular reviews of indirect costs and project resources and by collaborating with Finance to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Monitor metrics to ensure quality and performance standards are met by all assigned project staff
Education and experience;
- Requires a PhD within life sciences, preferably biochemistry field
- 8-10 years leading clinical studies in the field of oncology, preferably radiopharmaceuticals
- Proven success in the delivery of phase II and III oncology studies
- Small biotech or CRO experience
- Must be located close to the Swiss/German border
- Experience working within the associated fields, such as regulatory, quality, manufacturing and pre-clinical
- A satisfactory progression of monitoring experience, with experience in leadership and/or management activities and relevant experience, with active clinical project management experience at the minimums noted above.
- Programme Director should also have a proven track record in managing large and/or complex studies and project teams, with broad therapeutic experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the activities of multiple reporting staff.
- Demonstrated strong team-building skills and the ability to work successfully in a matrixed team environment.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of project management, the drug development process, and clinical trial conduct, including systems and procedures, as well as the regulations and requirements governing such conduct (including, but not limited to, ICH/GCP requirements).
- Possess good business awareness and expertise in all phases of a clinical trial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as conflict management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and to delegate responsibility as necessary.
This is one of several positions in Clinical Research that I am currently recruiting for so do please get in touch for a confidential discussion around your current situation and what your ideal next move would be. Please contact Zac Beda on +44 1293 776644 or email ‘zbeda (at) barringtonjames.com’
Project manager | clinical research | senior project manager | freelance | contract | interim | freelancer | Mannheim | Stuttgart | Bonn | Cologne | Bonn | Dusseldorf | Mainz | Frankfurt | Kaiserworthdamm | Nuremburg | Germany | Switzerland | Strasbourg | nancy | metz | basel | Zurich | pharma | biotech | clinical project manager | project management | clinical trials |oncology | cancer | solid | tumours | solid tumours | RECIST | immuno | immunotherapy | immuno-oncology | immunology | Programme | Director | programme director | colitis | Immunology | Europe | Office based | Home based | Sweden | Denmark | Finland | Norway | Scandinavia | Nordic | France | Switzerland
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.