Scientific Director APAC (Agency)
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 18 Jan 17
Salary (£): Competitive
ProClinical is seeking a Scientific Director to work for a leading medical communications company who provide medical marketing solutions across the world. This is a permanent role based in Singapore. Job Role:Serving as a scientific liaison, this position is responsible for the development of editorial content, directing a team, and maintaining the scientific integrity of all medical communication deliverables produced by the company. ...
ProClinical is seeking a Scientific Director to work for a leading medical communications company who provide medical marketing solutions across the world. This is a permanent role based in Singapore.
Serving as a scientific liaison, this position is responsible for the development of editorial content, directing a team, and maintaining the scientific integrity of all medical communication deliverables produced by the company.
The job responsibilities of this job extends over several areas, including:
Editorial Project Management
- Direct the planning and execution of all editorial projects in coordination with manager
- Plan and coordinate project teams, work assignments, resource planning and allocation
- Determine deadlines and budgeted editorial hours for each project undertaken, either from the relevant client service representative or senior editorial colleague
- Communicate or warn when timelines are not likely to be met as well as suggest an alternative arrangement if necessary
- Coordinate with client services and other colleagues to reach a consensus on content and style for assigned editorial projects
- Coordinate at an appropriate level with external parties such as clients and key opinion leaders (e.g. liaising with speakers in the preparation of briefing notes and slide presentations)
- Assist with development of concepts and planning for editorial projects
- Write and/or edit publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilize assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic area
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles targeted at different audiences (including internal audiences) in different therapy areas. On all editorial projects, incorporate feedback from editorial colleagues, project team colleagues, and activity faculty
- Review work for scientific accuracy
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of at least two key therapeutic areas
- Seek additional opportunities to develop skills in research, writing, and IT as well as knowledge of specialized therapeutic areas
- Advise clients on the appropriateness and relative advantages/disadvantages of presenting data journals or forums
Research and Information Management
- Maintains expertise and interprets new research findings in at least one area of expertise and advises clients and internal staff on how new developments will impact the field
- Predicts trends in at least one field of expertise
- Research medical and scientific topics utilizing various information services including in-house reference system, on-line journal subscriptions, libraries, and literature search databases (i.e., Pub Med)
- Research and source appropriate medical literature for editorial projects and proposals (often within a tight timeline)
- Efficiently and effectively use medical literature searching resources available within the company On-Site Meeting Attendance
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in the Life Sciences (MD, PhD or PharmD) from an accredited college or university. Residency and/or publication/writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred.
- At least 8 years relevant pharmaceutical and clinical experience, an in-depth understanding of one or more key therapeutic areas, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Publication/ writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field required. Prior experience mentoring and managing staff required.
- Advanced computer literacy necessary, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as PowerPoint and Word in addition to online medical resource searching (i.e. Ovid, Medline, PubMed, etc.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong team working skills and ability to work as part of an effective team
- An interest / passion for medical writing
- This position requires some travel, it will vary by account and business
If you are interested in applying and would like to find out more information about the role, please contact Kohila Priyia on +65 6499 7143 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description will be available on request.
EA Licence: 13C6865