Company: Advanced Clinical Recruitment Ltd
Closing Date: 05 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
My client is a leading Health Economics consultancy looking for a technical Senior Consultant to join their dynamic and expanding team in Sheffield.
We aim to deliver high quality and innovative research solutions, working closely with clients to develop economic models and analyses for early product development and submission to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), the All Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG) and the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE), as well as other European and international authorities. To provide bespoke consulting services, we work very closely with clients to provide insight and advice on every aspect of the process.
We have fostered strong links with academia in the UK and other European countries and pride ourselves on developing innovative and cutting edge methodologies. We work within a wide variety of disease areas, with a particular focus on ophthalmology, cardiology, oncology and haematology.
We have a relatively flat structure split into teams, including: Health Economics Analysis, Strategic Consulting & Insight, HTA Statistics, Systematic Review and Medical Writing, Project Management, Communications, and Finance and Admin. The largest team currently is the Health Economics Analysis team, with around 20 Modellers and Health Economists.
We identify ourselves as having a dynamic and vibrant culture, with many of our employees joining the organisation as graduates. This has promoted a very meritocratic environment where every employee has a voice and is encouraged to express their thoughts and opinions. We believe in developing our staff and exposing them to responsibility from an early stage in their careers, enabling rapid progression whilst maintaining a close support network.
As a result of our continued business growth, we are currently seeking experienced Health Economics professionals with the enthusiasm, vision and flexibility required to play a key role as part of our Health Economics Analysis team. The successful candidate will play a key technical role within a focused project team and potentially be the technical lead and/or project lead for modelling projects from the start. The successful candidate will report to and be under the leadership and guidance of the Business Unit Head of the Health Economics Analysis team. The post will be based in our main office located in Sheffield, UK and, depending upon the candidate, may involve immediate line management responsibility.
• Providing strategic and technical expertise both to clients and internally
• Designing and developing transparent and user-friendly economic models throughout the product life cycle, pre and post launch
• Developing and communicating the economic value proposition of health technologies
• Developing the economic sections of health technology assessment (HTA) reimbursement dossiers and commissioning dossiers for a variety of global payers, with the main focus being NICE, SMC, AWMSG and NCPE
• Working in partnership with the client to best assess and demonstrate product value
• Taking ownership of economic modelling projects, with the opportunity to fulfil a lead role within multi-disciplinary projects
• Leading evidence gathering to inform value demonstration:
- Design of economic systematic reviews and application of learnings into model development
- Design and analysis of clinical trial data (e.g. survival analysis, quality of life analysis)
- Potential to participate in the design of utility studies
- Running Delphi panels and advisory boards to inform model parameterisation / validate model inputs and outputs
• Line management of 1 – 2 more junior health economists
• Providing input into proposal writing and the development of new business opportunities and services
• Developing publications and conference abstracts / posters
• Formal and informal training of clients in HTA and modelling topics
• At least 3 years’ experience in the design and construction of economic models from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or a relevant academic-consulting environment
• Experience of Markov health state cohort modelling and budget impact modelling
• Experience of Excel and VBA
• Experience of quality control, strategic and technical review / critique of economic models
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
• Ability to explain complex calculations and ideas both verbally and in writing
• Excellent numerical ability and critical thinking
• Experience managing projects within timelines, budget and scope
• Ability to resolve issues and challenges as they arrive
• Experience in R, Simul8, Stata, SAS or TreeAge
• Experience of programming individual patient simulations or discrete event simulations
• Experience developing HTA and reimbursement submissions
• Experience of analysis of clinical trial data for use within health economic models, e.g. survival analysis, quality of life analysis, and combinations of RCT and non-RCT data
• Direct client facing and project leading responsibilities
• Peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations
For further information on how to progress your career through this excellent opportunity, within a fantastic organisation, please contact me ASAP for a completely confidential conversation. Alternatively, to apply directly, please send through an updated copy of your CV, and I will do the rest.
Lawrence Murphy - Advanced Clinical Recruitment
+44 (0) 114 294 5003
Regus 2nd Floor
|Tel:||0114 270 1741|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.