Company: TEC Group International
Closing Date: 05 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
Benefits: full bonus
For more information on this job or others please get in contact with our Senior Consultant Sam Murphy on 0208 544 3423 / 07971 477 589 firstname.lastname@example.org
As our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Lead Scientist in our Glasgow facility, you will function as the primary scientific and technical resource for the implementation of NGS-based biosafety testing assays. Your role is essential for advancing the global commercial NGS offerings of the company. You will be primarily responsible for managing the transfer and implementation of commercial NGS assays and overseeing the day to day operation of the facility.
Your responsibilities will also include participating and driving assay development/assay transfer and/or assay validation activities at the site. You will liaise closely with US and UK laboratory management and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will also liase closely with NGS laboratory and bioinformatics teams, contribute ideas and recommendations for process improvement, and engage in troubleshooting and process improvement activities. You will serve as study director and ensure timely initiation and completion of relevant studies and that testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non routine and new services. You will be expected to lead by example, and offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects). In your roll, you will also monitor industry trends to ensure that the company remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of NGS; review and recommend potential technical developments to senior management, and provide regular updates of technical developments, new assays, innovation within the industry to laboratory management and support teams.
Who you are:
· You have a university degree (Masters or higher) in a scientific discipline such as molecular biology, genomics or biotechnology, with six (6; for Masters) or three (3; for Ph.D.) or more years of relevant experience
· You have extensive expertise and scientific recognition in the area of NGS application and advancement
· You have relevant working knowledge and experience executing, troubleshooting and/or overseeing highly technical projects in the areas of molecular biology, biotechnology, genomics and/or clinical applications.
· You have experience leading and/or supervising staff in a laboratory setting
· You have advanced knowledge and experience in the area of NGS assay design, development and execution. Experience in the area of application of NGS to biosafety testing is critical.
· You have advanced skills in applicable computer programs including a fundamental understanding of bioinformatics and application to NGS data.
· You have excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
· You have excellent time management skills
· You are highly collaborative as well as independent
· You demonstrates a high level of initiative
· You have excellent leadership skills with employees, management and other stakeholders
· You have effective coaching and training (or supervisory where relevant) skills for complex and highly technical work
· You demonstrate working knowledge of company commercial and financial strategies
· You are fluent in English and willing to travel for purposes of training
Dowgate Hill House, 14-16 Dowgate Hill, London
|Tel:||+44 (0) 208 544 3400|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.