Company: TEC Group International
Closing Date: 05 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
For more information on this job or others please get in contact with our Senior Consultant Sam Murphy on 0208 544 3423 / 07971 477 589 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Responsibility:
The Senior Scientist, Virology (Operational Development Services, Glasgow) will have an in-depth understanding of the technical principles and applications of the companies’ services within virology and will be responsible for providing scientific and regulatory advice to internal and external parties relating to biological safety. The post holder will provide expert scientific leadership to ensure that all aspects of program development, validation or custom testing are carried out with appropriate scientific integrity while ensuring on time delivery and compliance to appropriate quality and regulatory standards.
The post holder will keep up-to-date with current trends and new advances in their field and will be responsible for the evaluation of existing and new technologies with the aim of ensuring that the companies’ services remain relevant and meet the demands of Industry.
Critical to the success of the role is the ability to maintain effective working relationships with the wider organisation including peers within Commercial, Operational, Quality and Program Management, Laboratory Scientists and external vendors and clients.
The Senior Scientist will maintain the scientific profile and integrity of the company both internally and externally. This Senior Scientist will be the subject matter expert and point of contact for clients requiring custom technical support. The Senior Scientist will serve as a critical contributor in the development of new services or improvement of existing services by independently creating, designing, executing and implementing new lab technologies and approaches in keeping with the strategic direction of the company.
The Senior Scientist role will promote the scientific profile of the company through authoring of appropriate publications, technology reviews, technical bulletins and marketing documents, attending and presenting at public meetings and participating in business focus group discussions and Partner meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide strong scientific leadership in delivering custom solutions to internal and external clients.
· Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
· Act as the virology subject matter expert and direct point of contact for client focussed discussions relating to test strategies.
· Provide excellent technical and regulatory knowledge and advice relating to Biological safety testing and virology.
· Be accountable for delivering new lab developments and method validation on time and within budget.
· Keep project teams informed of project status, technical problems or other issues which could impact service delivery.
· Work with Clients and Account Managers to evaluate custom projects including review of technical methods, equipment, and staff resource and price requirements and prepare custom proposals.
· Work closely with Operational, Quality and Project Management teams to provide technical support for new programs of custom work.
· Work to relevant company and regulatory practices (i.e. GMP, GDP, and GLP).
· Prepare technical reports, project summaries, protocols and position papers as required.
· Approve/authorise written study procedures, amendments, events and investigational plans.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
This position will report to Principal Scientist (team lead).
· Ph.D. in Virology or related subject and a minimum of five (5) years competent, innovative post-graduate research experience in a field of specialty.
· Working knowledge and hands on experience in developing robust in vitro methods.
· Background in the validation and life-cycle management of methods and their critical reagents.
· Ability to effectively allocate resources across multiple projects and deliver on aggressive timelines.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively.
· Demonstrated high level of initiative and ability to contribute ideas to improve project.
· Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in testing and documentation requirements to meet GMP compliance and guidelines.
Dowgate Hill House, 14-16 Dowgate Hill, London
|Tel:||+44 (0) 208 544 3400|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.