Clinical Project Manager
Company: ProClinical Ltd
Closing Date: 20 Jan 17
Salary (£): Competitive
An exciting job vacancy has emerged for a Clinical Project Manager to work at one of the world's largest global CROs. This contract research organisation provides support services to many of the biggest names in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices and health care, and has helped to commercialise many leading therapies. This position will be based at their site in Beijing or Shanghai, China. ...
An exciting job vacancy has emerged for a Clinical Project Manager to work at one of the world's largest global CROs. This contract research organisation provides support services to many of the biggest names in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices and health care, and has helped to commercialise many leading therapies. This position will be based at their site in Beijing or Shanghai, China.
- This Clinical Project Manager job will be involved with the execution of the assigned clinical study(ies) per Contract, from start-up through to closeout.
- They will also manage the human, material, system and fiscal resources to provide clinical monitoring services and ensure clinical staff (CTAs, CRAs and/or CRSs) gain the necessary skills to perform their respective job responsibilities.
- Ensure that all clinical study management and project deliverables are completed to the Sponsor's satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and co-ordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles and ensure consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Manage clinical staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Manage their project team members' performance relative to project tasks. Ensure high performance and efficiency of the clinical team through the scheduling of co monitoring/accompanied site/visits and ongoing mentoring of CRA team.
- Participate in the selection and onboarding process for new clinical staff by conducting candidate review and participating in the interviewing process. Conduct onboarding training for new staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Learning and Development training programs.
- Lead problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issues.
- Allocate resources to clinical studies that are appropriate to their experience and training.
- Ensures that staff are meeting defined workload and quality metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by clinical operations management. Collect information on team performance against contract, customer expectations, and project baselines.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent
- 7 yrs of clinical trials experience including 3 years experience in project management, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and ability&skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines.
- Strong leadership with excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Good therapeutic and protocol knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Martin Grindrod on +65 6499 7141 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Reg. No. R1433761
EA Licence: 13C6865