Company: inVentiv Health Clinical
Closing Date: 23 Jan 17
Salary (£): Negotiable
inVentiv Health – Transforming Promising Ideas into Commercial RealityJob Title:Director, Study Start-Up, UKPrimary Function:The position provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff within the Study Start-up function. ...
inVentiv Health – Transforming Promising Ideas into Commercial Reality
Director, Study Start-Up, UK
The position provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff within the Study Start-up function. The position is accountable for a group of the Study Start-up department, either at the regional level (low and high volume regions) or functional level across regions (site contract associates, study start-up specialists or study start-up project leads).
* Develop and execute strategies for a region or function
* Communicate with external customers regarding the status of activities on their projects as well as the overall health of the relationship
* Resolve complex customer relationship issues and escalate when necessary
* Represent the department on committees/work groups to support the development and implementation of new initiatives and strategic direction of the department
* Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation and training
* Participate in internal or external meetings
* Provide business development support
* Create financial forecasts and approve invoices
* Complete necessary administrative tasks
* Identify, address, and follow up on performance and quality issues
* Analyze tracking reports for activities to ensure compliance and implement action plans when necessary
* Lead the interview and hiring process
* Participate in required training programs and ensure compliance with required training.
* May perform other duties as assigned
* Supervise, coach, and mentor staff
* Oversee development of direct reports by setting goals, conducting performance reviews, evaluating and monitoring training needs, creating development plans, mentoring, and coaching
* Set priorities and schedule activities of departmental resources, implement company objectives, and create alternative solutions to address business and operational challenges
* Proven experience in clinical research and preferably in the same functional department
* Very strong experience in the management of Study Start-up staff or similar group in scope
* Demonstrates strong leadership and line management skills
* Demonstrates both tactical and strategic thinking skills
* Demonstrates ability to self-direct tasks to achieve departmental goals
* Demonstrates ability to work across functions or departments
* Extensive knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and other applicable start up specific requirement in own region/function and basic knowledge of such requirements in other regions/functions
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Must demonstrate good computer skills
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
* Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 20%)
In return we will offer:
* A competitive remuneration package with excellent benefits
* A commitment to your professional development as a key member of our Senior Leadership Team
* The opportunity to work within a successful and rewarding environment.
Location: UK is preferred, Western Europe may be considered. Home or office based
We look forward to receiving your application.
inVentiv Health is a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry deliver new drugs and therapies to market. Our combined Clinical Research Organization (CRO) and Contract Commercial Organization (CCO) is made up of more than 14,000 employees who have the ability to service clients in more than 90 countries. We offer a differentiated set of solutions designed to improve client performance and accelerate the process of bringing products to market. For more information, visit inVentivHealth.com
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.