Company: Hobson Prior
Closing Date: 09 Feb 17
Salary (£): On Application
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the commercial operations, reporting to the Commercial Director. Primary responsibilities will include directing and co-ordinating the assessment of future markets and commercial potential of pipeline products and will be responsible for co-ordinating commercial input to specific programs as necessary, including the maintenance and negotiation of research agreements with investigators and their institutions.
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE:
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the commercial
operations, reporting to the Commercial Director. Primary responsibilities
will include directing and co-ordinating the assessment of future markets and commercial
potential of pipeline products and will be responsible for co-ordinating commercial input to
specific programs as necessary, including the maintenance and negotiation of research
agreements with investigators and their institutions.
The post holder will develop and execute appropriate development strategies to support
commercialisation and partnership strategies as well as interact and facilitate communication
with existing stakeholders.
The post holder will develop proposals and term sheets for prospects and manage the day-to-day aspects of closing deals, including interaction with legal counsel as well as coordinate with accounting, finance, operations, process development and clinical teams.
The post holder will assist the Commercial Director in the formulation and execution of
strategies and tactics required to achieve business development goals and assist the wider
Executive Team in the development of investment and partnering growth strategies in line with the aims of the business plan.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will:
· Work with the senior management team to help ensure corporate goals are
met, and coincide with company best practices and policies.
· Be responsible for the co-ordination of commercial project management and reporting
project status to senior management.
· Have primary responsibility for issues relating to health economics and reimbursement
and work with the senior management team to establish a suitable business model and
route to market for the product pipeline.
· Oversee all commercial operations, ensuring that suitable resources and expertise are
employed to deliver objectives in line with the business plan.
· Serve as an escalation point for issues relating to legal, business administration,
information technology and business continuity/disaster recovery.
· Follow up on partnership activity including the tracking, documentation and status
reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline, keep track of
milestones and identify scope for enhancing stakeholder relationships.
· Manage day-to-day transactional elements of deals (including the relationship
management and deal closing) as well as the use of external advisors, where
· Adopt budget responsibilities for commercial resource, professional commercial
advisors and other associated costs in conjunction with the senior management team.
· Perform market research, analyses new market opportunities and pursues new
business opportunities, to include the development of strategic partnerships, joint
ventures and alliances as well as partnering opportunities with industry, academia and
· Prepare contracts, amendments, subcontracts, leases and non-standard agreements
and negotiates optimal terms of same. Identifies risk exposure, advises senior
management on contractual obligations and issues.
· Provide input as to the development intellectual property strategy, reviews IP
provisions of various contractual agreements and interacts extensively with scientists on
general contract, commercial and IP issues.
· Manage and prioritise internal and external communications, arranges and provides
support for internal/external meetings (including minute taking) and the distribution of
· Design and prepare presentations, delivers public speaking engagements, assists in
specialised projects and provides input as to corporate positioning.
· Provide input as to in-sourcing/out-sourcing activities, related contracts and
advise senior management including the development, interpretation and reporting on
· Manage the RFP and tender process (end to end) for bids and contracts for the
provision of commercial services.
Apply here - applying is quick and easy on our new website
Hobson Prior International Ltd
7-9 Church Rd.
|Tel:||01892 612 612|
|Fax:||01892 612 613|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.