EU PROJECT DIRECTOR /DIABETES ONCOLOGY / flexible location in Europe
Closing Date: 12 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
Our CDS Business Continues to Grow! We are currently recruiting in EU Project Director with strong Experience in leading global trials in Diabetes and Oncology.
About the job:
- + Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead extended/complete project team.
- + Responsible for provision of client deliverables on-time, within budget and scope and with required quality for assigned projects or program.
- + Develops strategies to control and improve financial margin and minimi ze write-offs across projects and/or programs while maintaining quality.
- + Proactively identify out of scope activities, execute necessary change orders and support negotiations with client on project budget issues.
- + Accountable for budget across assigned projects and/or programs.
- + Responsible for mitigation plans where variance occurs in execution of deliverables to plan.
- + Structures work and organization effectively and efficiently. Grows people within and across the organization.
- + Puts people into roles wh ich maximize their contribution and organizational effectiveness.
- + Develops deep leadership bench beneath oneself.
- + Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external ancillary services.
- + Effectively and proactively resolve conflicts as needed.
- + Demands high performance on all strategy initiatives.
- + Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects or programs.
- + Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects or programs adhere to professional standards and SOPs.
- + Provide performance feedback on team members to respective functional line management.
- + Monitor team performance and facilitate adjustments when necessary.
- + Present at external and/or internal meetings.
- + Define and manage project or program resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- + Support business unit utilization targets.
- + Implement and monitor progress against project plans.
- + Responsible for appropriate issue escalation via CAIR and CAPA processes.
- + Serve as key client contact for assigned projects.
- + Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction,operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- + Turns ideas into processes and/or sales which drive growth.
- + Prepare and deliver presentations for new business in collaboration with business development.
- + Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings.
- + Contribute to proposal strategy, development, costing, and bid defense for assigned business development opportunities.
- + Able to discuss global strategic options and study execution challenges/opportunities with the client during the proposal development/bid defense.
- + Delivers visible leadership with clients through effective problem solving and generation of customer solutions.
- + Find creative and cost-effective ways to meet quality metrics agreed with client and key stakeholders.
- + Use Experience from past projects and lessons learned to adapt and implement quality improvements across projects currently being managed.
- + Ensure project risks are discussed at project reviews. Monitor and control the risk plan and provide ongoing oversight to ensure mitigation plans are in place and working . Escalate risks newly identified by the project team to stakeholders.
- + May be assigned line management responsibilities for the recruitment, training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff. In the absence of line management responsibilities, the Project Director wil l be expected to mentor project management staff.
- + Develop and manage client project metrics.
- + Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- + Assist in the implementation of study training plans . Function as the trainer where appropriate.
- + University/college degree
- + Relevant cliniical research Experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including full project management responsibility and supervisory Experience
- + Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
- + Thorough knowledge ofiCH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements
- for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- + Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
- + Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- + Ability to utilize resources effectively on large global scale including programs with multiple budgets.
- + Financial awareness and ability to actively manage financial tracking systems.
- + Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
- + Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
- + Excellent presentation skills and confidence present ing to senior management.
- + Excellent communication , planning and organizational skills.
- + Ability to work independently.
- + Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner.
- + Ability to present to staff at all levels.
- + Ability to mentor junior level staff.
- + Good computer skills with good working knowledge of range of computer programs.
- + Ability to assess technology alternatives and implications in line with relevant functional areas.
THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO JOIN US!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.