EU PROJECT MANAGER (OPHTHALMOLOGY, DIABETES, ONCOLOGY) / flexible location in Europe
Closing Date: 12 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
Our CDS Business Continues to Grow! We are currently recruiting in EU Project Managers with strong Experience in leading global trials in Ophthalmology, Diabetes or Oncology.
About the job:
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team 's ability to lead extended/comp lete project team(s). Depending on size and scope of project(s) ensuring effective cross-functiona l teamwork among project team members including both internal and external stakeholders. The PM job duties may be performed in collaborati on with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
- Provide project focused leadership across Covance departments, offices, external vendors and clients to deliver corporate and department objectives.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track per contract.
- Proactively utilize both quality con trol and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, client and Covance requirements. Create requ ired project plans. Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary.
- Proactively manage variance to project plans to br ing the study back in line with stated project standards. Monthly metrics reports will be reported accurately and on-time to assist in maintenance of project standards.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Meet financial performance targets for assigned project(s). Accountable for budget control across assigned project(s) and accurate month-to-month completion of earned value analysis, as assigned, and evaluati on and management of billed time to plan to minimize write-off and capitalize on fixed-price gains. Proactively identify out of scope activi ties and execute necessary change orders prior to out-of-scope work being done. Proactively identify project inefficiencies and address issues proactively to stay within budget.
- Ensure project procurement needs are managed appropriately and per Covance SOPs.
- Collaborate with finance to initiate monthly invoicing as assigned.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adhere to professional standards and SOP and are working within the assigned allocation.
- lnitiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Prepare and actively participate as operati onal lead in internal Project Review meetings.Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
- Provide performance feedback ofteam members to respective line managers.
- Present at external and/or internal meetings as required.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Define and manage project human resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to appropriate stakeholder(s) inclusive of CAIR and CAPA completion as required.
- Serve as key client contact for assigned project(s).
- Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction,operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in collaboration with relevant departments for new business as required.
- May have line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- + University/college degree
- + Relevant clinical research Experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks (in all or one of the therapeutic areas:Ophthalmology, Diabetes or Oncology)
- + Working knowledge oftime and cost estimate development.
- + Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- + Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO JOIN US!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.