Location: West Berkshire
Closing Date: 10 Apr 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
ROLE PURPOSEManagement of the suite of systems used by the RFI department within Global Business Operations (GBO) including, but not limited to, Proposals Management And Production System (PMAPS), Therapeutic Project Experience visualization Tools (TPET) and staff information and experience visualization tools. ...
Management of the suite of systems used by the RFI department within Global Business Operations (GBO) including, but not limited to, Proposals Management And Production System (PMAPS), Therapeutic Project Experience visualization Tools (TPET) and staff information and experience visualization tools.
Line Management responsibilities for PMAPS team, ensuring efficient use and maintenance of PMAPS system, metrics and reporting, software upgrades/implementation, user training, compliance and support, and alignment to global proposal processes/systems and CRM to optimize proposal (RFP) and request for information (RFI) customer-facing deliverables.
Ideally you will have some knowledge/experience of the CRO industry, however candidates from other industries, preferably regulated, will be considered.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding, disciplining, and addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems; selecting and on-boarding of new PMAPS staff. Approve actions on human resources matters, including performance reviews, development plans, salary administration and promotions.
• Identifies and develops new sources of relevant information from across the QuintilesIMS organization and incorporates the information into the various RFI systems.
• Responsible for maintaining the quality and validity of information available on the various RFI systems.
• Identifies and develops new opportunities for utilization of the various RFI systems across the QuintilesIMS organization.
• Prepare and obtain approval on annual department business plans, including goals, objectives, key activities, timing and resource requirements. Implement approved plans and monitor department performance against plan. Report results on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Prepares accurate monthly and quarterly success metrics and reports to assess GBO usage of PMAPS, new content additions, and content utilization.
• Works effectively across the QuintilesIMS global structure to ensure that RFI systems are fully utilized by stakeholders across the organization, both within and outside of GBO.
• Ensures the establishment and maintenance of a subject-matter expert (SME) network to review existing / provide new differentiating service line text to ensure PMAPS content is accurate, up-to-date and of high quality. Works proactively and effectively with service line SMEs to develop content to fill gaps where they may exist.
• Meets with GBO Line Management and Leadership Team Members on a frequent basis to communicate plans, gain insights/feedback to improve RFI systems.
• Establishes SuperUser advisory network to test new software and tools, provide feedback on process improvement, and help drive system use/compliance within their region. Leads frequent and consistent advisory board meetings and communicates outcomes effectively to the global RFI systems user base.
• Assesses training needs and ensures the right training programs are implemented for end-users of RFI systems.
• Measures and reports impact of training programs with a focus on improving the delivery and utilization of training materials in day-to-day operations based on voice of customer feedback.
• Provide technical support for all RFI systems as needed.
This position offers the flexibility to be work from home, however some office working would be required.
QuintilesIMS offers a competitive salary and great benefits, including a profit-related annual bonus, private health insurance and a generous company pension scheme.
Quintiles and IMSHealth have merged together to form the new QuintilesIMS. Each wanting to bring something new to customers, we deliver integrated information and technology solutions to drive healthcare forward. QuintilesIMS has approximately 50,000 employees conducting operations in more than 100 countries, dedicated to helping our clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results. As a global leader in protecting individual patient privacy, QuintilesIMS uses healthcare data to deliver critical, real-world disease and treatment insights. To learn more, visit www.quintilesims.com
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Ability to recruit, lead, motivate, develop and manage talent
• Knowledge of CRO industry and proposal management processes; Medical/therapeutic knowledge/experience preferred
• Strong writing skills required
• Excellent teamwork, written and oral communication skills, problem solving skills required
• Ability to multi-task, see big picture and work effectively within global, matrixed team environment
• Highly organized with good project management skills and ability to meet deadlines and multiple stakeholder needs
• Proficient use of MS Office product suite
• Ability to develop and maintain internal systems in support of PMAPS processes
• Ability to review users requests for assistance and recommend changes to global systems to enhance productivity and quality
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers around the globe
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other directly related field and experience in Proposals / Contracts Management some direct management experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Full eligibility to work full time in the UK
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.