Location: North England, Scotland, Glasgow, Manchester
Reference: MD - 003
Closing Date: 12 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Benefits: MSL standard - 7.2K Car Allowance plus 20% Bonus etc
Medical Science Liaison, MSL, role available to work within Oncology and to cover the North of England & Scotland. Candidates will ideally be medically qualified or PhD educated. These MSL roles will cover oncology products used to treat the following; Liver cancer, Breast Cancer, Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) and Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumour (TGCT) and so previous oncology experience (as a Medical Science liaison) is required! Full time, permanent and 100% field based.
Medical Science Liaison MSL requirements:
- Medical degree or equivalent with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment in oncology. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is oncology area is “highly” preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of MSL and or Medical Affairs or research and development experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of MSLs role and process.
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
- Must be based in the North of England or Scotland
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE Medical Science Liaison JOB:
To be a therapeutic area Oncology scientific expert, responsible for discussing products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
Key MSL Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan.
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with other Medical functions
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities: Identify/support/educate speakers
- Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with HQ and CROs)
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
- Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support
- Represent company at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, etc at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Supports medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
- Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- Visit Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders to answer any medical / scientific questions concerning the product
This is a full-time, field based Oncology MSL role and as such candidates can be based anywhere in the North of England or Scotland. For a confidential discussion please contact Andy Smith at mdrecruitment on 07775 848 250. To apply directly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Oncology, North of England Scotland Glasgow Edinburgh Manchester UK, Cancer Medical Science Liaison North of England Scotland Glasgow Edinburgh Manchester MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Oncology, UK, Cancer Medical Science Liaison Scotland
Building 329, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1344 300 808|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.