Location: North, Midlands, South, Scotland
Reference: MD - 001
Closing Date: 12 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Benefits: MSL standard - 7.2K Car Allowance plus 20% Bonus etc
Medical Science Liaison MSL opportunities available throughout the UK within Cardiology. These are full time, field-based & permanent roles with responsibility for a geographically defined area. Previous MSL experience is required as is some exposure to cardiology research. Candidates can be based in England (North, East, South, or West), Scotland or Wales.
Medical Science Liaison MSL Accountabilities:
1. Product/Brand Experts
- The Medical Science Liaison will have expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the Disease Area and be expected to continuously update this expertise and knowledge
- The Medical Scientist Liaison is the first point of contact for the sales professional teams, for complex medical questions that require in depth medical knowledge.
- The Medial Science Liaison will, where appropriate, support the Learning and Development Executive in the training of Sales Professionals by providing in depth medical and scientific disease area and product knowledge.
2. Thought Leader Management
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will develop and maintain contacts with Thought Leaders, in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to gain insight into treatment patterns, the scientific activities taking place within the Disease Area and the needs of health care providers in the Disease Area.
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will respond appropriately with accurate scientific data to unsolicited scientific questions from Physicians for Products/Brands with a Marketing Authorisation (on and off label ), and for products in development in compliance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards (ABPI, MHRA)
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will deliver clinical data in the support of health economic/value proposition discussions with payors e.g. advanced budgetary notification. These activities will be carried out in accordance with Company Policies, and legal and ethical standards (ABPI)
3. Contributor to Healthcare professional focused Activity
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will develop and contribute to scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data) under the guidance of the Medical Liaison Manager and the head office based Medical Advisor; such presentations should be reviewed according to the appropriate internal review processes to ensure medical accuracy and ethical and legal compliance
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will ensure that the most appropriate healthcare professionals are selected for involvement in medical activities e.g. advisory boards, clinical trials etc The Medical Scientist Liaison will be involved in the organisation of medical/scientific meetings (e.g. advisory boards) & congress medical activities.
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will advise the Brand Team in the development of scientifically meaningful educational programs such as Continuous Medical Educational Programs and Symposia.
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will identify and prepare speakers for UK meetings e.g. symposia, in collaboration with the Medical Advisor.
- Attendance at scientific congresses and meetings.
4. Contributor to Brand Plans & Strategies
- The Medical Scientist Liaison will contribute to the development of Brand Plans and Strategies by communicating Key Opinion Leader Thought Leader insight about the disease area, unmet medical needs, and treatment patterns.
5. Clinical Trial Support
- The Medical Scientist Liaison should collect investigators' proposals for local and regional clinical activities, ensure that these proposals are discussed within the local medical team, manage internal and external approval processes, and provide timely feedback to investigators.
- The Medical Scientist Liaison should participate actively in providing input to the Clinical Trials team on trial and survey feasibility and site suitability
- Work with the Medical Advisor and the Clinical Operations teams in contributing to site selection for sponsored studies
- The Medical Scientist Liaison should be the UK medical contact for investigators participating in sponsored clinical trials for any non-operational matters related to the trial. The Medical Scientist Liaison should work collaboratively with the Clinical Operations and Development teams to ensure that trials recruit to pre-defined timelines.
- Fully understand and be compliant with company SOPs and the latest ABPI Code of Practice and code cases relevant to the role
- Perform all the above in an ethical and legally compliant manner
- Convey a clear message on legal and ethical standards to Key Opinion Leaders and Investigators
- Develop an understanding and competence of GCP and ICH, as well as legal and ethical standards.
- Alert management to possible compliance issues.
- A PhD is strongly preferred; however a degree must be gained in one or more of the following disciplines: medicine, nursing, pharmacy or the pharmaceutical/life sciences.
- Experience of working in a similar field based role, clinical research or other similar role where you have strong evidence of leading healthcare professional interactions.
- Full driving licence
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software products
- Must have proven experience of presenting complex scientific information to HCPs at varying levels including Thought Leaders
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new therapy areas and environments.
- Knowledge of the UK National Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working in the CV market
- Working experience of the ABPI Code of practice relevant to the role is desired.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process.
- Advanced presentation skills
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Andy Smith at MD Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07855 288 784
MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Cardiology, CV cardiovascular, Medical Science Liaison Scotland, South East England Midlands MSL Medical Scientific Liaison Manager, Cardiology, CV cardiovascular, Medical Science Liaison Scotland, South East England Midlands
Building 329, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, Berkshire
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1344 300 808|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.