Company: Thornshaw Recruitment
Closing Date: 16 Feb 17
Salary (£): Competitive
We are currently recruiting, on behalf of our client, for an experience EHS Executive with strong industry experience. This role can be full or part time.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Implement and manage a comprehensive health, safety and environmental management program, with the responsibility to advise on all relevant EHS issues which affect the company's operation. This will ensure that the Company is both in legal compliance and is providing a safe place of work for employees with safe systems and with maximum regard to the environmental impact of the company's activities.
- Responsible for the management of health and safety and environmental issues for the company site to ensure that staff, customers and other non-employees, or the environment are not put at risk as a result of the company's activities
- Monitor HS&E performance throughout the plant through regular audits. Ensure speedy corrective action in the case of non conformance
- Ensure Continuous Improvement of effective Health & Safety systems, programs procedure & standards.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the HS&E department and implement effective policies to ensure personnel and plant safety compliance with all HS&E legal, regulatory and certified systems
- Ensure that the company has sufficient policies and procedures in place to ensure safe systems and a safe place of work are maintained.
- Carry out accident/Incident investigations – ensure adequate actions are taken to eliminate/minimize risk or recurrence
- Continually monitor and review company performance against EHS policies and targets – prepare monthly reports highlighting both leading and lagging indicators.
- Ensure that EHS considerations such as risk assessment, safe systems of work and adequate control measures are built into all processes and job functions.
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system within the company to applicable legal standards.
- Ensure regular monitoring of all chemical storage, chemical handling, effluent and emissions in accordance with policies to protect the environment.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety system within the company to applicable legal standards.
- Liaise with external authorities (Government agencies, community etc) with regards to EHS.
- Organise and chair regular safety committee meetings
- Regulatory tracking (new and/or proposed legislation).
- Manage staff medicals and vaccinations.
- Control Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensure safety equipment on site is adequate, operational and meeting legislative requirements.
- Development & Co-ordination of Emergency Response Programs.
- Compile and provide EHS training for staff on all levels of the organization., lead the site EHS team
- Populate and Capture EHS statistical and related information for the company site.
- Initiate, design and implement EHS projects ensuring continuous improvement.
- Responsible for familiarizing and complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instructions relevant to working within the company including responsibility for visitors.
PRINCIPAL QUALIFICATION / EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS REQUIRED:
- Third level relevant qualification e.g BSc . Degree
- Knowledge of the required standards
- The ideal candidate will have formal Health and Safety Training
- Health & Safety Inspection & Auditing Experience
For more information and to apply for this role please call Stephanie on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671