Location: Europe, Middle East & Africa-Bulgaria-Sofia-Sofia
Closing Date: 18 Jan 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. ...
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 46 countries and more than 18,500 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health.
We have an excellent opportunity available for an IT Professional. This position will be based at our Sofia, Bulgaria office. This IT Professional will assist team members, internal clients and partners. The role will perform critical support; software upgrades and patches installation, audit log analysis, system backups, system setup and monitoring support, system documentation, helping ensure continued operation and interoperability, while ensuring IT security and system compliance.
The IT Professional will be responsible for helping manage internal server, backup and operations management infrastructure.
We are currently looking for Systems Administrator, Linux/Unix to join our team:
• Responsible for installing, maintaining, and supporting current and future server systems.
• Provide technical support for data systems, create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and work projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved architectures, equipment and procedures.
• Provide direct support for all server issues currently providing operational service support to users.
• Responsible for extensive log analysis, auditing functionality, and system service and network monitoring.
• Conduct and monitor regular backups of major system components.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Red Hat Linux system administration
• Experience with administrative use of scripting such as BASH, Python and SQL scripting languages
• Self-motivation to see issue resolution through to completion
• Business focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
• Experience administering: HP Data Protector, EMC Data Domain, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, HP-UX, SAN and NAS administration
If you are passionate about automation and hate doing manual work; if you like learning something new every day, we invite you to take the next step in your career and apply online now.
|Tel:||+44 1223 374100|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.